Thursday, October 06, 2011

In honor of an icon

I'm not an Apple user. I don't own an iPhone nor an iPad, and I've never even used an iPod. But I have tremendous respect and admiration for Steve Jobs, and I was shocked and genuinely saddened to learn of his passing today. So I'm dedicating a bit of blog space to honor the memory of a visionary who revolutionized the world and changed a generation.

Out of thousands of Steve Jobs soundbites and quotable quotes, this is my favorite:

[Y]ou can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something-- your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life.

That bit of wisdom is made even more significant coming from a man who made such a difference in so many lives. And from someone best known as a proponent of modern technology, that kind of faith in the abstract, in the intangible, is almost poetic in its beauty.

Goodbye, Steve Jobs. iSalute you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home