Friday, April 08, 2005

Bring the bitch back!

This morning I woke up to find that I had somehow pulled a leg muscle in my sleep. I know I'm not the most peaceful of sleepers, but injuring myself while asleep is ridiculous. In my morning-cranky state (exacerbated by the pain in my leg), I contemplated using it as an excuse to skip work (as if a pulled muscle would prevent me from performing my desk job, haha). But then I remembered that I was supposed to go on my first round of store visits today, and though I could have used the pulled muscle as an excuse out of that, I decided I didn't want to miss it. So I smeared some Bengay on my calf, put on some comfortable shoes, and set out.

Together with two of our sales heads and one of our designers, I went to Robinsons Imus, SM Bacoor, SM Bicutan, Robinsons Metropolis, Market! Market! and SM Megamall to check on our department store corners and boutiques. It wasn't as tiring as I thought it would be; in fact it was kind of fun. Of course there was nothing too complicated about it, I was simply tagging along to observe and see how our people conduct their rounds so that I can do it myself in the future.

While listening to one sales head admonish (there's a sentence for you, Tarin!) one of our salesladies, I realized that on this job, I would have to shed some of my ICA-acquired teacher-niceness. No molly-coddling, no sweet-talking, no joking around. More discipline, more straightforwardness, more formality. In other words, I need to invoke the bitchy Ailee of days past. I'm not saying bitchy Ailee really went away (AP-Annex can attest to that), but she kept a low profile during my teaching days. She had to, naturally (that explains why my students think I'm *shudder* "sweet"). Now bitchy Ailee needs to rear her ugly head more often. On one hand, I'm relieved that I am free to be that part of me, but on the other, I'm concerned that once I tune nice Ailee out, I might never hear from her again. I have to admit, I like having her around. Hopefully bitchy Ailee doesn't forget herself and devour nice Ailee whole.

12 Comments:

At Saturday, April 09, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

miss lim! i was supposed to go to bed but i couldn't resist clicking the link to your blog hahaha....i have comments!:)
number one. one time i went to shop with my dad and we went to your store and the salesladies were kinda good....hahahaha :)) they were accomodating and nice and stuff that my dad and i left with 3 paperbags...you should see how we are when there's a sale, my dad's an even bigger shopper than ME...:) (okaaay ang loooser ko)
number two. i can't imagine a bitchy miss lim....whoops actually i can pala wahahaha.....but i hope that nice miss lim will never be eaten alive.....so we're gonna have to bother you all the time so that you'll never forget your silly students (who swoon over phil of the future :p and...)who brought out the nice miss lim in you...so i'm basically saying that you won't get rid of us that easily!hahaha :P okay...i really am gonna sleep now hahaha goodnight!:)

-Madel

 
At Saturday, April 09, 2005, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

Thank you Mads, for number one, patronizing Arrow (thank your dad for me, hehe), and number two, reminding me why nice Ailee emerged and should never be completely submerged. :)

 
At Saturday, April 09, 2005, Blogger Ange said...

Is the world coming to an end?! Haha, kidding. :D I wouldn't mind seeing that b***** side of you. It sounds like the exact opposite of the English teacher Ms. Lim that we have all come to know. I knew no one could be that nice. haha. People can't be really good all the time, can they? :D

 
At Sunday, April 10, 2005, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

I'm sure you've seen glimpses of that side of me, but just didn't recognize it through the Ms.Lim veneer. :p And "good" is really relative. I believe I am a good person, but I have a mean streak and a bitchy personality. Doesn't make me a bad person, just not as nice and goody-goody as I may have seemed to you guys. :)

 
At Sunday, April 10, 2005, Blogger Ange said...

I think I have. Yup, I remember now. But it's not the super mean kind that's exciting, you know, like when someone suddenly screams in anger or when it's really really evident how angry or pissed off the person is. I've seen a lot of people lose their cool. That different side of you that I've seen is milder compared to others. Tell me, (no disrespect meant) which side is the real you? :D

 
At Monday, April 11, 2005, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

Good question. I often wonder about that myself. Was nice Ailee simply a cover for bitchy Ailee during my teaching days, or was bitchy Ailee the front for nice Ailee all those years I was a student? I’d like to think that both are aspects of me that find a way to co-exist and temper one another. Depending on the situation, one side emerges more than the other. Certainly, Ms. Lim had more nice Ailee in her than bitchy Ailee, but I think all my students recognized that the bitch was somewhere in there (hence, no one really tried to mess with me :p). I take pride in always being true to myself, so I can assure you that whichever part of me you saw in the two years you’ve known me, it was really Ailee, nice or otherwise. :)

 
At Tuesday, April 12, 2005, Blogger Ange said...

wait a minute, what exactly do you mean by 'b*****'?

 
At Tuesday, April 12, 2005, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

Why, does it have several meanings? :p I guess being a bitch is generally being disagreeable and unpleasant, but with an edge. Someone who is nasty and mean and vicious and cruel (in varying degrees, of course). I suppose there can be nuances, but I think to be a bitch requires a reasonable amount of intelligence and sophistication. Otherwise, you're just an asshole. Haha.

 
At Tuesday, April 12, 2005, Blogger Ange said...

I see... so why do people use that word in movies to refer to others who don't really fit in to your definition? Never mind..:) This is such a weird 'conversation'. Haha. :D

 
At Tuesday, April 12, 2005, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

That's because people who use that word in movies usually don't have a reasonable amount of intelligence or sophistication. Haha.

 
At Monday, August 08, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

how was market market? any comments, suggestions, complains from a consumer's point of view? of course i'm hoping you have visited the supermarket. =)

 
At Monday, August 08, 2005, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

Haha, to be honest sis, I have never set foot inside your supermarket yet. Whenever we go to Market! Market! we just check our areas and leave immediately. Sorry. :p Next time I will make it a point to check out the supermarket, just for you! I've heard good things about it though, so it sounds like you're doing a good job. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home