Monday, July 02, 2007

Excuses, excuses

Looking over my blog archives for May and June of 2007, I was aghast to discover that I wrote only 6 blog posts for each month. I normally go into double digits every month, so this pathetic output demands some explaining. In my defense, I present the following alibis:
  • I spent 2 weeks of May traipsing around Europe.
  • I spent 3 weeks of June uploading photos from my 2 weeks in Europe.
  • There was my high school reunion, and the few days of last-minute preparations before it.
  • Then I uploaded all the official photos from the reunion to our batch Multiply site.
  • I got sick twice. The first time, I had to skip work and go get a blood test. The second time, I pushed through with store visits to Cavite despite having laryngitis (this should earn me some pity points).
  • I finished watching the last few episodes of Heroes, Season 1, and Grey's Anatomy, Season 3, plus Season 3 of House and Season 1 of Two and a Half Men.
  • I watched Pirates of the Caribbean 3 and Ocean's Thirteen.
  • I also watched Stranger than Fiction and Top Gun on DVD.
  • Then there was Father's Day.
  • I went out with Maddy and Jen Ong twice, once for dinner and another time for an afternoon of shopping.
  • I had dinner with Raqs, Angge and Dex one weekday night, and coffee with Bri one weekend afternoon.
  • I went for a second fitting of my gown for Tangsoc's wedding.
  • I have revived AP-Annex's weekly badminton games, so that I will still fit into the gown for Tangsoc's wedding come July 14.
  • I attended Charity's surprise despedida party for Maddy.
  • I finished (fueled mostly by will power and pride) John Updike's Towards the End of Time.
  • I am currently rereading Harry Potter Books 1 to 6, in preparation for the release of Book 7 on July 21.
I realize these may all come off as flimsy justification for not updating my blog, so I will plead guilty to just the tiniest bit of laziness as well. Admittedly, lately, I find myself uninspired to write, preferring to veg out in front of the TV or invent a reason to meet up with friends. Perhaps it's the lack of good material, or the lack of motivation. Whatever it is, I have been a very bad blogger the past 2 months, and I resolve to get my act together this July... even if I do have a business trip to Cebu, a wedding, a costume party, the Harry Potter 5 movie, and Season 2 of Two and a Half Men all waiting as more convenient excuses for blog neglect.

2 Comments:

At Monday, July 02, 2007, Blogger Sean said...

I must point out that out-of-town excursions usually cause quite a few blogging hiccups: You're either too busy wandering around a foreign landscape, complaining of expensive Internet connections, or resting up once you arrive home. It usually takes an impossible amount of will to overcome this sort of thing, so you can take comfort in the fact that you've got a perfectly valid excuse here.

That said, Will Ferrell probably comes a close second. :)

 
At Tuesday, July 03, 2007, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

Whenever I go on trips I bring a small notebook in case of light bulb moments. But on our vacation I didn't bother scribbling anything down except for the "things I learned in Europe". I suppose I could have made a more conscious effort to write, but I was too busy taking photos and sleeping in the bus. :p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home