Saturday, August 01, 2009

If my blog could talk

Dear Ailee:

I realize you've been crazy busy the past month, what with shouldering the workload of one of your company's managers who's on a month-long leave, going on a business trip, entertaining out-of-town guests, and meeting your social butterfly obligations (so many dinners and lunches and coffees!). I know the UAAP season has kicked off, so your mental faculties are addled by your annual Ateneo fan fervor. I also gather that Yahoo Messenger and that accursed Twitter have been keeping you occupied online as of late.

In spite of all that though, I hope you haven't entirely forgotten about me.

I am aware there are important things going on in your life right now that take precedence over exercising your writing muscles. Never mind if I suspect there's some laziness behind the lack of new posts (or is it a problem of inspiration?). But I understand your priorities, I do. I really don't mind if you don't update me as often as before; you of all people know I've matured so much in the past 4 years. I won't take it against you. I'm just saying it would be nice if you could spare me a wee bit of your time and attention. After all, we've been through so much together. I don't want to fade into a mere afterthought of yours, when you used to turn to me whenever you were depressed, excited, outraged, ecstatic and all sorts of extreme emotional states over even the most trivial of topics.

A couple of months ago, on my birthday, you made a promise that you will take care of me for many more years to come. I'd like to think that I can still hold you to that promise. I guess I'll have to trust that you will come back to me when you're good and ready. Until then, I miss you, and I'll be right here if you need me.

Yours always,
Sil

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home