Saturday, December 31, 2011

Best of 2011

I admit I almost didn't make a "Best of" list this year, not only because I haven't even been able to blog over the the past two months, but more so because 2011 started off so spectacularly shitty for me. During the first half of the year, I went through the toughest time in all my 30 years, and at one point, I honestly thought I'd never recover.

But thanks to the staggering outpouring of love and support from family and friends (and from some very unexpected people), I pulled through. And improbably enough, the latter half of the year turned out pretty well. In fact, I've had such a blast the last few months, that in spite of being super busy with work, I feel on top of the world, and looking forward to 2012 with an optimism I haven't had in quite a long while.

It's in this spirit that I drew up my "Best of 2011" list, and it's with profound gratitude that I dedicate this to all the wonderful, wonderful people in my life, for the incredible understanding, patience and kindness they've shown me during this year. I couldn't have made it without your advice, consolation, humor and loyalty. I am stronger, wiser, and happier thanks to everything that happened, and more importantly, thanks to everyone who stood by me. I love you all, so much.

Besides, I hate breaking with tradition! So here goes:


Best day: October 15 (exploring Angkor Wat with my sibs and Auntie Nene)
Best month: August (Tangsoc was in town!)
Best life-altering decision: no need to state the obvious, yes?
Best family vacation: Vietnam-Cambodia with the sibs and Auntie Nene
Best non-family vacation: it's a tie between Boracay with Raqs and Angge, and Singapore with the LM girls
Best traveling companion(s): Raqs and Angge
Best wedding date(s): my sibs
Best surprise: Serenitea Grapefruit Yakult from Danya and Gillian :)
Best gift given: my sister's 5th (and largest) Gund bear =D
Best gift received: a WD TV hub from my brother
Best party: Pia's surprise bridal shower
Best luxury item purchased: black patent Christian Louboutin pumps :D
Best investment: my Kindle with WiFi and free 3G
Best new TV show: Game of Thrones
Best show to share with shobe: Masterchef Australia
Best movie: The Help
Best actor: Stanley Tucci
Best actress: Emma Stone (new girl crush!)
Best book: A Clash of Kings
Best author: George R.R. Martin
Best CD: Glee presents The Warblers
Best song: "Details in the Fabric", Jason Mraz (not a 2011 release, but I only fell in love with it this year)
Best LSS (last song syndrome): "Moves Like Jagger" by Maroon 5 featuring Christina Aguilera
Best concert: Jason Mraz live in Manila
Best object of lust: Darren Criss =D
Best fictional object(s) of lust: the men of Game of Thrones (Robb Stark, Jon Snow, Jaime Lannister)
Best inspirational figure: Steve Jobs
Best miracle moment: winning the top prize in our Go clan mooncake dice game
Best fashion trend: blazers
Best fashion staple: platform heels
Best beauty aid: Body Shop Body Butter Duo in Vanilla
Best caffeine fix: FruiTea Mix
Best sweet tooth treat: salted caramels from Artisan du Chocolat
Best meal: dinner at Sojourn, Siem Reap
Best drink: ice cold San Mig Light at the Ateneo bonfire
Best 15 minutes of fame/infamy: (pinch-)sitting on a JGSOM Marketing benchmark panel
Best achievement: moving on
Best healthy past-time: early morning yoga classes at Bliss
Best unhealthy past-time: coupon sites!
Best new online preoccupation: 8tracks.com
Best blog post: "The real score"


And to close my year, these lines from Coldplay's "Charlie Brown":

In my scarecrow dream
When they smashed my heart into smithereens
I be a bright red rose come bursting the concrete
Be a cartoon heart
Light a fire, light a spark
Light a fire, a flame in my heart
We'll run wild
We'll be glowing in the dark...

1 Comments:

At Thursday, April 17, 2014, Blogger Firoz Khan said...

best online shops in australia-Buytoprofit.com offering online shopping, style advisor service, store locator and customer information from flash sales to shoe clubs, these websites are changing the way we shop. Here's what you really want to know about each one. Our service is second to none--we carefully pack up your comics, graphic novels, statues, and collectibles

 

Post a Comment

<< Home