Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Tidings of joy

The Family has its first barkada baby! =D Vina gave birth to a boy last night a few minutes before midnight, a good 2 weeks earlier than her due date (I told her all those late-night shifts at the Greenhills tiangge would take their toll :p). It's amazing how one day we're all lunching together and joking about Maricris having to deliver the baby in the restaurant, and the next day Vina's texting us saying she's being admitted to Medical City already. They haven't even decided on a name for the baby yet, although the last Vina told us, they were leaning towards Vin Alan Tyler (I was the one who had suggested "Vin", as in Diesel, haha). We'll be visiting the new mommy this week, and we're all looking forward to seeing the newest member of the Family. :)

On a totally unrelated, but similarly joyous note: my cousin Abeth, who's based in London now, got me the LOTR DVD box set! I had found out that it comes surprisingly cheap on Amazon UK (even cheaper than Amazon US), and I immediately texted her, hoping she'd be able to get it before she flies home for the holidays. And my wonderful cousin instantly went online and placed the order for me. There will be 3 very happy geeks in the Lim household this Christmas. =D

2 Comments:

At Thursday, December 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. It's hard to imagine me being in the presence of a batchmate who has just given birth, even more so..married. Haha. Such thoughts seem to be too farfetched for me...

I wish your kabarkada the best. :) I can imagine all of you showering her with love and attention. She'll be a lucky baby. :)

 
At Thursday, December 21, 2006, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

Thanks Christa. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home