Saturday, January 26, 2008

I'm in love with a dorky accountant!

Move over, McDreamy. The sweetest, cutest romantic lead on TV is Ugly Betty's Henry, the bespectacled, sweater vest-wearing, trivia-spouting dork from Accounting (played by Christopher Gorham). He's smart, funny, chivalrous, and disarmingly charming in a shy little boy way. I never thought I'd get so kilig watching a show with the word "ugly" in the title. Every time Henry appears, I break out into a smile, and I get giddy whenever he and Betty share a moment where the chemistry between them is made wonderfully obvious.

Henry aside, I love this series and all its fun, feisty characters. America Ferrera is perfect as Betty Suarez, the, um, aesthetically and sartorially challenged assistant to Mode magazine's EIC, Daniel Meade,
the wealthy playboy with a heart of gold, played with a surprising likability by Eric Mabius. Vanessa Williams is outstanding as conniving creative director Wilhelmina Slater, filling the role of antagonist with delicious diva flair, reminiscent of Meryl Streep in The Devil Wears Prada. Then there are my favorites, Marc (Michael Urie), Wilhelmina's bitchy gay assistant, and Justin (Mark Indelicato), Betty's irrepressibly gay nephew. They're the ones who always make me laugh out loud, with their catty comments and fabulous flamboyance. Betty's sarcastic Scottish seamstress friend Christina (Ashley Jensen) is also a hoot, as is Marc's slutty, superficial sidekick/partner-in-crime Amanda (Becki Newton). Betty's father (Tony Plana) and sister (Ana Ortiz) are great supporting characters as well, serving as effective and endearing foils to the perpetually stressed and distressed heroine.

But Henry is the most adorable of them all. =D

More geek love:

I'm a Trekker, and proud of it, so I'm not embarrassed to admit that when I saw this trailer, I got goosebumps.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home