Monday, January 21, 2008

A post-birthday note of gratitude, for Openness

This morning, Shirley texted that her birthday prayer for me was a verse from yesterday's Gospel reading:

"See that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that their angels in heaven always look upon the face of my heavenly Father." (Matthew 18:10)

I laughed out loud when I read the passage, because on the morning of my birthday, some of my "little ones" from Openness yanked me out of the depths of travel-weary slumber, had my sister blindfold me, put me in a car and drove me to a picnic breakfast at Greenhills West's park. Part of me (the tired, sleepy part) wanted to strangle them for waking me so early, but it was impossible to stay annoyed when they had gone to so much trouble, getting up way earlier than I did, buying breakfast, bringing
an Estrelle's cake and French Baker cupcakes (it wouldn't be Openness without the polyphagia), setting up the picnic, decorating the nearby playground set, driving to my house to abduct me, and patiently waiting while I showered (because I refused to leave the house without showering). While I wouldn't say all my Openness babies remind me of angels ("devils" seems more appropriate sometimes, haha), I do regard them as one of the greatest sources of joy and love in my life, and one of the greatest blessings, heaven-sent or otherwise.

To Rach, Tarin, Pamy, Alaine, Den, Irizze, Anne, and B.Li, thank you so very much for the effort and time (and food!), and for helping make yet another birthday of mine happy and memorable. Love and hugs!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home