Monday, January 05, 2009

Facing down my fears

New year's resolutions are not really my style, but I've decided that this year I'm going to at least try to get over the following things that scare me:
  • driving
  • babies
  • schmoozing with strangers
  • hugging
  • letting go
I just came to the realization that at my age, it's ridiculous to still be afraid of maneuvering a vehicle (because I might hit something) or carrying an infant (because I might break it) or coming into close physical contact with someone (because... well I don't know why, really). And I really have to learn how to warm up to people I meet for the first time (if only for the practical reason that my work calls for it), and also how to deal with saying goodbye to certain people, items, and hang-ups (if only for the reason that I'm not getting any younger and I can't keep carrying all that back-breaking baggage).

I don't know if I will be able to conquer my fears, or at least manage to quell them, but it will be interesting to see how I fare, and how my life changes as a result.

Have a fear-free year, everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home