Thursday, April 16, 2009

Dry spell

How about this insane, intense heat, huh? Anyone else feeling that summer seems to be working in overdrive this year? CNN Weather reports Manila temperatures at around 29-34 degrees Celsius, which seems grossly underestimated to me because every time I step out of the house it feels like stepping inside a furnace.

It would seem rational to blame the scorching weather for the drought my blog is currently going through (ok, that doesn't make sense, but it sounds rational, don't it?). But I actually have some very reasonable and acceptable excuses for not having posted anything new in the past 2 weeks:

  1. I was vacationing in Japan with my family all of last week.
  2. I've been busy sorting, editing, and uploading vacation photos since our return.
  3. I took considerable time planning how to distribute pasalubong to my busy friends.
  4. I was sidetracked by certain online sensations (both bad and good).
  5. As much as I hate to admit it, I am becoming addicted to Twitter.

I doubt I'll get my blogging groove back this weekend too, because I'm meeting up with some friends and I'm due for a haircut and pedicure (priorities, priorities). I promise (to myself more than anyone) I'll return to regular blogging business next week. 'Til then, bloghounds.

4 Comments:

At Monday, April 20, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ms. Lim, I know what you mean about the heat. The rains are unexpected though. :(

You should go on plurk too, though Plurk is more Filipino-ized then Twitter. I'm actually thinking of going on Twitter but I'm too addicted to plurk. :)

Guess what, I'm been reading as much as I can to make up for the book drought.

 
At Tuesday, April 21, 2009, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

"You should go on plurk too, though Plurk is more Filipino-ized then Twitter. I'm actually thinking of going on Twitter but I'm too addicted to plurk."

Are there a lot of celebs on Plurk too? :) The main reason I like Twitter is that it feeds the fangirl in me. I like how it lets me keep tabs on celebs without feeling like a stalker, hehe.

 
At Wednesday, April 22, 2009, Anonymous Christa said...

Well, BB Gandanghari is there! Haha and I'm friends with Manuel Quezon III. XD Yeah, Twitter has a lot of celebs! It's awesome. :)

 
At Wednesday, April 22, 2009, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

How do you find local celebs on Twitter and verify their accounts are real? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home