Thursday, August 24, 2006

Quotes of note

I collect quotes. I have 2 notebooks full of them, ranging from the profound to the silly, of varying lengths and from multifarious sources. Whenever I come across a striking passage in a book I'm reading, or hear a catchy line from a movie/TV show I'm watching, or get some memorable song lyrics stuck in my head, I scribble it down or save it in my cell phone for future reference. You never know when a good quote can come in handy; me, I insert them in SMS greetings for different occasions, use them in birthday cards and DWTL Palancas as "fillers", put them in my YM status message, sprinkle them in my blog posts, and dole them out as advice when I am unable to formulate original words of wisdom.

Most recently, I encountered these quotes that I find worth sharing:

For my fellow bookworms, a lovely slogan I got off a Fully Booked wall: "When I get a little money, I buy books; and if any is left, I buy food and clothes." -Erasmus

For my fellow writers, a bit I read in the foreword to Kazantzakis' Modern Odyssey: "Write with your heart's blood, and you will see that the blood is spirit." -Zarathustra

For my fellow House junkies and anyone with a sense of humor, a zinger from my favorite M.D.: "When you talk to God, you're religious. God talks to you, you're psychotic." -Dr. Gregory House

* * *

Speaking of House, I am outraged Hugh Laurie wasn't nominated for an acting Emmy this year. In my opinion, he outdid his already outstanding performance from the previous season, and he won the Golden Globe for Best Actor in a Drama Series, so it's ridiculous that he got snubbed for an Emmy nomination. As consolation, I hope House wins in the Best Drama Series category, although it's up against another favorite of mine, Grey's Anatomy. Oh well, maybe Grey's can settle for a Best Supporting Actress Emmy for either Sandra Oh or Chandra Wilson. I adore them both anyway.

And speaking of Grey's, like a maniac, I zipped through and finished the entire 2nd season over the long weekend. All I'll say is this: I laughed, I cried, I swooned, I cursed, and I screamed "BITIIIIIN!!" as the last episode ended. Thank goodness the 3rd season starts in September, and thank goodness we already have DSL. Limewire, I love you.

5 Comments:

At Friday, August 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you should download in bit torrent. it safer and faster compared to limewire :D grey's anatomy here we comeeee !!!

 
At Monday, August 28, 2006, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

You're the second person to recommend Bit Torrent to me. I will definitely check it out. Thanks Pamy! :)

 
At Thursday, April 23, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love that your a bookworm just like me. its also really nice of you to share your reading interests with the world.



sighned, a fellow bookworm

 
At Thursday, April 23, 2009, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog and posting a comment. :)

 
At Tuesday, September 22, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am also a book worm:D


-Rylee.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home