Thursday, February 01, 2007

Why child actors should never grow up

The boy who lived is all grown up. Daniel Radcliffe of Harry Potter fame, ostensibly in an attempt to quickly shed his child star status, is starring in Equus, a Tony-award winning play about a boy who gets down and dirty... with horses. Dan has transformed from this...


..to this...


Hedwig, we're not in Hogwarts anymore.

Now I'm no prude, and maybe it's just my age talking, but a naked, all-grown-up (TOO grown-up) Harry Potter is more disturbing than arousing (even with the killer abs). Looking at the play's publicity photos gave me the heebie-jeebies. I suppose it's because in my head, Harry-- and as a consquence, Daniel-- will always be the adorable apple-cheeked little boy in round glasses with the lightning-shaped scar on his forehead. Seeing him in such a mature role, and in the buff no less, seems unnatural, and even filthy.

Maybe in 10 years it won't seem as icky anymore. He'll be 27, and I'll be... oh Christ. Never mind.

6 Comments:

At Saturday, February 03, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

BESTIALITY and HARRY POTTER do not a good combination make *cringes*

 
At Saturday, February 03, 2007, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

You said it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not denying the boy his right to grow up and exhibit his other, erm... talents. But this is just too much too soon.

And I thought the bath scene in the 4th movie made me uncomfortable enough.

 
At Saturday, February 03, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The horror! Haha

The left pic's fine, but the right one???

 
At Saturday, February 03, 2007, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

You should see the other photos from the Equus site. :p

 
At Saturday, February 10, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heebie-jeebies! Hee :D

 
At Saturday, February 10, 2007, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

Don't you love that word? Haha.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home