Friday, November 23, 2007

Random ramblings

The 2nd season of The Amazing Race Asia has kicked off, and for as long as Marc Nelson and Rovilson Fernandez (1 of 2 teams representing the Philippines) are still in the running, I'll be keeping close tabs on this installment of the reality show. Heck, who am I kidding, even if Rovilson were out of the equation I'd still watch, as long as I can see Marc in action. As much as I wish to preserve my dignified image of scoffing at anything to do with local showbiz, Marc Nelson is the exception to the rule, being the only celeb I've met in person (twice!) who has the ability to reduce my knees and brain to jelly. And that was with his shirt on too.

* * *

I've decided not to get a Starbucks planner this year, not only because the design of the 2008 planner doesn't appeal to me, but also because my mom gave me a very elegant leather Cross organizer for Christmas last year, and it would be criminal not to use it. However,
I am helping my sister collect stickers so she can get a Starbucks planner, but between the 2 of us, we're making slow progress, especially since I try to keep my caffeine intake limited to the weekends. I did grab a Toffee Nut Latte this morning on my way to work though, and I must say it was quite an invigorating way to jumpstart my day.

By the way, am I the only one who misses the Gingerbread Latte from last year?

* * *

Last week, my bedtime book was Sense and Sensibility (read my brief review on my Shelfari page), and I discovered that reading a bit of Austen prior to falling asleep has a positive effect on me. Those nights, I slept quite soundly, and had some pretty nice dreams to boot. I can't remember the specifics (well, ok, I remember SOME details, hehe), but I woke up each morning feeling snug and well-rested. Hmm. Might be time to dig up my copies of Emma and Pride and Prejudice...

* * *

I've procured a copy of People's Sexiest Man Alive issue this year, and as if I wasn't convinced that Matt Damon deserves the title, his wonderfully witty, adorably self-deprecating letter to People just floored me. As my cousin Abi likes to say, "that Luciana must have done something really, really good in her previous life" to have been so damn lucky to become Mrs. Damon.

4 Comments:

At Sunday, November 25, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Between me and my mom, we have less than 8 stickers left to collect. :D

The design seriously isn't THAT nice but getting a Belle de Jour planner like everyone else is also a hassle.. everyone wants one.

 
At Sunday, November 25, 2007, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

Yeah, I've seen those planners too. Very girly. And not to nitpick or anything, and I don't really speak French, but isn't it supposed to be Belle DU Jour? :)

 
At Sunday, November 25, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, very girly! :) It even has a menstrual planner.

I'm not quite sure, I've never taken French. But all ads seem to say "de" instead of "du"..so, I don't think people quite mind unless of course those with grammar OC-ness. ^^

 
At Sunday, November 25, 2007, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

My grammar OC-ness extends even to languages I'm not fluent in. Haha.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home