Thursday, May 11, 2006

Speechless

2 things left me at a loss for words today. First, at SM Clark's blessing/soft opening this afternoon, we got introduced to Marc Nelson, SM Department Store's new men's wear model. Now anyone who knows me knows my complete lack of interest in local showbiz/celebrities. But daaaammmnn, Marc Nelson is CUTE. So cute, that while he and my parents exchanged pleasantries, I just stood there not saying anything, grinning like an idiot, listening to the gorgeous tones of his faint Australian accent. When my mom told me to give him a business card, I snapped out of my dazed starstruck/teenybopper adulation long enough to tell him, "If you ever need some shirts, just give us a call." However, I still had enough self-respect left to refuse to have a photo taken with him. :p

Second silencer for the day was Chris Daughtry's shocking, premature exit from AI. Fara, a devoted Daughtry darling, relayed the news to me this morning through text
in a state of anguish. I couldn't believe it. I had either Elliot or McPhee pegged to go. McPhee certainly deserved to go, given her lousy renditions of Elvis classics the previous night. At least Elliot gave the best performances of the night, so I have no complaints about his staying (indeed, I'm quite happy for the funky faun). But CHRIS?? Tragic, just tragic. I really thought he'd win this thing. Now it's up to my boy Taylor. All together now: SOUL PATROL!!

9 Comments:

At Friday, May 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marc Nelson is...err...okay looking :P Finally got around to Google him awhile ago. Then again, I suppose it would be different to see him in person and to hear that Australian accent (The words Australian accent remind me of Dr. Chase *drool*).

Anyway, I was incredibly shocked by your text message. Who would've known that Ms. Lim is a closet teenybopper? Hahahah!

 
At Friday, May 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm NEVER watching american idol again..

 
At Friday, May 12, 2006, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

Jen, trust me, when you see (and hear) him in person, it's a different story all together. Consider that it takes a LOT to reduce me to teenybopper giddiness. ;p

Kassie, I know how you feel (when Constantine got eliminated I seriously wanted to cry... there's my teenybopperness again). However, you should keep on watching just for the satisfaction of seeing Katharine lose to Taylor. Mwahaha.

 
At Saturday, May 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

check out http://enuhski.blogspot.com

 
At Saturday, May 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i really really really thought that chris was gonna win the whole thing! i'm still depressed. i can't accept the fact that katharine outlasted him. i'm not gonna watch it na talaga.

 
At Monday, May 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. I drool over Marc Nelson's giant billboards along EDSA all the time. Next time you see him, maybe you can get me an autograph? Hehe. I heard though that he's very disciplined with food. He hardly eats and sticks to drinking water. Does that mean he's anorexic?

 
At Monday, May 15, 2006, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

Raqs, your friend writes really, really well. AND she's a Taylor fan? Lovin' her already. =D

Kassie, the band Fuel just repeated their offer to Chris to take over as their lead singer. Aside from that I'm sure he's getting swamped with recording offers from many producers. That's not such a bad deal for 4th place.

But yeah, I hate McPhee too. She's this season's Scott Savol... only prettier.

Mishy, I'll probably run into Marc Nelson again at the Mall of Asia opening this Saturday, but I also probably won't be able to stomach asking for his autograph, haha. xp

 
At Thursday, May 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"If you ever need some shirts, just give us a call." --> WHAT? You'd be doing the rest of us a disservice. He looks better shirtless!

 
At Friday, May 19, 2006, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

Hmmm, good point. ;p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home