Monday, February 11, 2008

Celebuddies

I came across this Pajiba post that asked, "aren't there certain actors that you feel you'd just 'click' with if they somehow decided for some absurd reason to spend time with you?" I thought it would make a fun survey question, so I invite you, my blog readers, to share with me which 5 actors you think could be your pals in a dream world (take note: not just people you want to be chums with, but people you flatter yourself into thinking would actually want to be chums with YOU). Also describe the corresponding activities you'd enjoy doing with your 5 famous friends. Have fun imagining the possibilities!

It was hard trimming the list, but here are my top 5 picks:

  • Boggle or Scrabble marathon with Matt Damon; if we get tired of playing, he'd teach me how to play poker, or explain baseball to me while watching a Red Sox game on TV
  • having drinks with Hugh Laurie in a jazz club, talking about books we love and discussing the writing process (yes, he's an author! I just bought his book The Gun Seller yesterday); sometime during the night, he'd suddenly decide to get up on stage to jam with the band (he writes, AND he plays the piano-- Dr. House is a real renaissance man)
  • sharing stimulating conversation and a bottle of wine with James Spader on a high-rise balcony (I don't like scotch, and I don't smoke cigars, but I'd consider putting on a flamingo costume)
  • (technically, he's not an actor, but he's still a TV personality, so...) sitting on a judging panel with Simon Cowell, mercilessly dishing out take-no-prisoners critiques, rudely making fun of our fellow judge(s), and generally acting like a pair of obnoxious, arrogant arses
  • karaoke night with Gerard Butler-- I'd let him laugh at my bad singing as long as he does the striptease routine from P.S. I Love You =D
In my process of elimination, I dreamed up this scenario that I just can't resist not making special mention of:
  • watching a Shakespeare play with Alan Rickman, reviewing it over a long, late dinner, then on our way home, stopping for gas (wink, wink)
Others that didn't make the cut:
  • brunch a la Sex and the City and a whole day of shopping in Manhattan with the Fab Five from Queer Eye for the Straight Guy
  • whiling away a lazy afternoon with Johnny Depp at a sidewalk cafe in France
  • bookstore browsing with Christian Bale
  • bitch-and-binge session with Emily Blunt
  • attending an NHL game with Matthew Perry
  • girls' night out with Tina Fey
  • Brad Pitt movie marathon with George Clooney, with the two of us providing running commentary filled with wisecracks at Brad's expense
  • spa day with Catherine Zeta-Jones
  • road trip across the Scottish highlands with Ewan McGregor
Obviously, I had way too much fun with this. Now it's time to get my head out of the clouds and face the work week ahead. Sigh.

2 Comments:

At Monday, February 11, 2008, Blogger Jen said...

i like this post. i could relate to a lot of those fantasies you have (nods to james spader, hugh laurie, gerald butler).

btw you MUSt watch P.S. I love you. he was oh so fine and i kept crying throughout the movie :)

 
At Monday, February 11, 2008, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

I already saw P.S. I Love You, hence the karaoke and striptease references. ;) I wasn't moved to tears though (neither was Ms. Tan), but Ms. Uy was. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home