Friday, February 29, 2008

Something I got from Dotz's blog

Rules:
  • Pick 15 of your favorite movies!
  • Go to IMDB and find a quote for each movie.
  • Post them here for everyone to guess which movies the quotes come from.
  • Strike out a quote when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie title.
  • For those guessing: strictly no Googling/using IMDB search functions!
P.S. Hanks, you're disqualified from answering. :p
  1. "Every man dies, not every man really lives." -Sean correctly identified this, Braveheart
  2. "You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your f*cking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world." -of course, who should get this but Raqs (my own Tyler Durden), Fight Club
  3. "We are the music of your life." - Stephanie gets the credit for this, Mr. Holland's Opus
  4. "Well, gentlemen, I must say I differ with the keen minds of the South and with our President, who apparently shares their views, offering that the natural state of mankind is instead - and I know this is a controversial idea - is freedom. Is freedom. And the proof is the length to which a man, woman or child will go to regain it once taken. He will break loose his chains. He will decimate his enemies. He will try and try and try, against all odds, against all prejudices, to get home." -finally, someone got this-- Atsi Fan, Amistad
  5. "You must unlearn what you have learned." -unsurprisingly, Sean got this one, The Empire Strikes Back (a.k.a. Star Wars Episode V)
  6. "To make the journey and not fall deeply in love - well, you haven't lived a life at all. You have to try. Because if you haven't tried, you haven't lived." -this one went to Yang, Meet Joe Black
  7. "If I were the man I was five years ago, I'd take a flamethrower to this place!" Analiza the Pacino fan got this one, Scent of a Woman
  8. "Even the smallest person can change the course of the future." -Yang's second correct answer, The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
  9. "You are amazingly self-assured, has anyone ever told you that?" "I tell myself that every day, actually."
  10. "I like to feel his eyes on me when I look away." -Jo gets top marks for getting this one, Before Sunrise
  11. "There are many things my father taught me here in this room. He taught me: keep your friends close, but your enemies closer." -again nailed by Analiza, The Godfather Part II
  12. "You don't know about real loss, 'cause it only occurs when you've loved something more than you love yourself. And I doubt you've ever dared to love anybody that much. And look at you... I don't see an intelligent, confident man... I see a cocky, scared shitless kid." -better late than never, John the movie buff came to the resuce, Good Will Hunting
  13. "My friends. You bow to no one." -Ria got this, The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
  14. "I'm tired, boss. Tired of bein' on the road, lonely as a sparrow in the rain. Tired of not ever having me a buddy to be with, or tell me where we's coming from or going to, or why. Mostly I'm tired of people being ugly to each other. I'm tired of all the pain I feel and hear in the world everyday. There's too much of it." -this one also goes to John, The Green Mile
  15. "No matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world." -bonus point for Ria for getting my favorite movie of all time, Dead Poets Society

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home