Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Snippets

For the next 2 weeks, up until we leave on our trip to Scandinavia and Russia, I will be going through a self-imposed period of detox from junk food, sweets, and snacking in general. My motivation is not rooted in health consciousness, but plain old vanity. I just don't want my siopao face looking extremely siopao-ish in all our Europe photos. I'm calling this my camwhore crash diet. You'll see the results next month when I post the gazillion photos I'll be taking on my Multiply.

* * *

Yesterday I found out that my guama's 80th (81st in lunar years) birthday celebration had been postponed from April 7 to 13, coinciding with Nikki and Logan's wedding. :( I can only hope that there will be enough time for me to make it all the way to Tagaytay in time for the reception, or else it will be the 2nd LM wedding I miss. I still feel bad that I wasn't at Yang and Angelo's nuptials 7 years ago.

I really hate the confluence of events in my life.

* * *

Today's Angkong's 8th death anniversary. I can't believe he's been gone for 8 years already. Lately it seems like time has done a good job of distracting me from its stealthy progress, and whenever I do catch it creeping past, I am startled at how far along it has come. My first batch of students have graduated from college, my dad is turning 60 this May, my brother will be leaving to study abroad... times like these I wish for a "universal remote" like the one from the movie Click, so that I could press "pause" or hit "rewind".

* * *

Stuff I'm loving right now: Yahoo Music's Vocal Jazz station, Philip Roth's The Plot Against America, the prospect of watching U23D this weekend, the TV series Brothers & Sisters, Obama leading Hillary in the latest Gallup poll, Haagen-Dazs Apple Crumble ice cream (but I have to stop thinking about ice cream right now because of my camwhore crash diet...)

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, April 01, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay you're watching brothers and sisters :) how do you find the show so far? I love kevin!

 
At Tuesday, April 01, 2008, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

I love Kevin too, but my favorite Walker sibling is Sarah. I think it's because I empathize with her, being the eldest and all. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home