Monday, April 11, 2005

The perks of being the C.O.O.

For now, until my parents decide what to do with me, my designation at work is Assistant Vice President (heavy on the "assistant"; "vice president" is purely nominal). I was making an organization chart for our company when I asked my dad where my name would go. He decided on AVP for the meantime. Then my mom piped up with a laugh, "Aren't you C.O.O.? Child of Owner?"

Contrary to what I was dreading at first, there are several things I like about being the C.O.O.

1. I do not have to clock in or out, although I am expected to arrive on time at 9 AM like everyone else.
2. I do not have to wear a uniform, not that our office uniform is anything as hideous as ICA's.
3. I do not have to report to work on Saturdays, while the rest of the office staff has half-day work.
4. I get to use the bosses' private bathroom, so even if I have to do number 2, I don't worry about the stink.
5. When the bosses need to go home early, I go home early too (like today, whee!).

Plus, next week, the bosses are going to Shanghai to attend a fashion show, and guess who's going with them?

Yep, it's good to be the boss, but being the kid of the boss ain't bad at all.

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, April 12, 2005, Blogger Ange said...

Haha, sounds like being C.O.O.'s better. You don't have as great responsibilities, right? :D or do you?

 
At Tuesday, April 12, 2005, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

No, I don't, but the bosses can order me around all they want... even at home. :p

 
At Tuesday, April 12, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, the benefits of nepotism. :D My brother's working in the fam company, and he's enjoying pretty much the same things, except for the uniforms, since my parents aren't fussy over those.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home