Thursday, September 29, 2005

FOUL!

If I was dismayed by how my fellow Ateneo alumni conducted themselves during last week's Ateneo-La Salle game, today I was downright disgusted by what I saw at the end of Game 1 of the Finals between FEU and La Salle. After the last buzzer sounded (FEU won, hooray!) and as the players were walking off the court, Joseph Yeo (known for both his skill at shooting, and shooting off at the mouth) seemed to be saying something to hero-of-the-game Arwind Santos. Then a La Salle team manager, some guy in his fifties, came between the 2 players, apparently to separate them before any trouble happened. But then as he was herding Yeo away, the manager hit Santos behind the head! I was so shocked, I thought I had imagined it. The commentators were so shocked, they were sputtering into their headsets. When they showed the replay, I couldn't help it, I spit out a cuss word in Chinese (you know I'm mad when I run out of English words). What a low blow!! Pare, ang tanda mo na para pumatol sa bata. And what an excellent example you're setting for your players, and for your children, if you have any.

If La Salle has any moral backbone, they should ban that thug from their bench forever. My respect for them is always begrudging, but if they get rid of their manager I'd be the first to say Animo La Salle.

5 Comments:

At Thursday, September 29, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ms. Lim. Well, just dropped by to say Hi!

 
At Friday, September 30, 2005, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

Hi Christa! How did you stumble upon my blog? :) Feel free to post comments anytime, it's always nice to receive feedback from a fellow writer.

 
At Friday, September 30, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

miss lim, i think they sacked the asst manager na. galit na galit yung dean namen kanina eh, sure raw na ma-ffire and mababan yun. super nakakahiya grabe.

ANIMO LA SALLE na ba? =)

 
At Friday, September 30, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, kassie is right! uaap has already PERPETUALLY banned that ass from the league! bwahahaha! he got what he deserved for acting like a bratty immature sour loser. tsk tsk tsk!

as for the blue eagles, magis still lives on... hahaha! animo ateneo!=p

 
At Saturday, October 01, 2005, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

Franke: My dad also told me about the UAAP's decision. Good riddance to that goon!!

Kassie: Is that official? Will you guys be blacklisting him forever? If so, then congratulations, you guys have my wholehearted respect on this one. Animo La Salle indeed. But if I hear you guys flip-flop and take the easy way out... *shakes a finger* :p

Franke: And yes, may the spirit of Magis live on in those of us who are worthy of being called Ateneans. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home