Monday, September 26, 2005

Where did the weekend go?

It's Monday, but I don't feel the recuperative effects of the previous weekend, simply because my weekend sched looked like this:

Saturday morning - got up at freakin' 5:30 to have breakfast with Kat, Margaux, Elyse and Maddy at Coffee Bean Promenade (not Podium, Maddy :p) before going to ICA to watch the Intrams and cheer on my beloved Fyrinx (make way, make way...)
Saturday noon - had a good ol' Anna's Catering lunch with AP-Annex (no other fried rice in the world like it!)
Saturday afternoon- watched more Intrams action (the Fyrinx won both their games, woohoo!), took loads of pix with students (felt like a celebrity, haha), then went to Arlington for Irizze's dad's wake (felt my poor battered teacher's heart break once again)
Saturday evening - from Arlington, proceeded to Heaven n' Eggs Tomas Morato and had dinner with some of my Openness babies (abused our stomachs by eating too much and laughing too hard)

Sunday morning - went to the Araneta Center early with Kevin to find parking at Gateway and good seats in the Coliseum for the Ateneo-La Salle game (my cousin and I share the same fierce school spirit and are both suckers for setting ourselves up for disappointment)
Sunday afternoon - watched the Blue Eagles get their asses handed to them a third time this season by the Green Archers (you'd think I'd be used to it by now, but damn it still hurt), then went to the Assumption Bazaar at the Intercontinental Hotel with my sister and our folks (nursed my bruised Atenean ego with three new tees and a pair of shorts)
Sunday evening - had a family dinner at Cafe Puccini at the Fort, followed by coffee at UCC (no week goes by without the Lims making an appearance at a UCC branch)

The weekend totally wore me out with its emotional highs and lows, but it was also one of the most memorable weekends I've had in a long while. Stand by for my next post featuring my thoughts on the Ateneo-La Salle game and pix from the Intrams. For now, lunch break is over and this zombie has to go back to work (i.e. feigning productivity).

4 Comments:

At Tuesday, September 27, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi ms. lim! i know what you feel! but at least you had a fun weekend right?? i on the other hand, wasnt able to go out of my apartment (not even once!) the whole weekend bec i spent it studying. :( omygod i cant believe i turned into such a nerd. ew. ew. ew. :p

 
At Tuesday, September 27, 2005, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

Heidz, you've always been a nerd, among other things. :p (admit it, you miss me over there...)

 
At Thursday, September 29, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what is that "among other things" suppose to mean huuuuhhhh???? oh you mean cute and lovable? yeah ive always been like that... haha you still havent changed your evil ways.. tsk.. you know what, you remind me of some of my profs over here. the way you teach i mean. and thats a compliment btw. come and teach here! although ive been avoiding taking up english over here. haha (AND, its YOU who miss me over THERE ryyyttt???) hahaha kiddin ;p

 
At Thursday, September 29, 2005, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

"oh you mean cute and lovable? yeah ive always been like that..." --Uh, I'm thinking more around the lines of "seriously deluded." :p

Wow, a compliment from you? Excuse me while I go faint. Haha. Kidding. Thanks Heidz. And do you REALLY want me going there to teach you again and making your life miserable? ;p Maybe you're avoiding English because your last English teacher was such an evil hag. *cackle*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home