Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Accessories, accessories

Now that I have my T5 back, I uploaded nifty new stuff to get the most out of it, like eBooks and games, courtesy of Diane and Michelle, two of my classmates from high school and fellow Palm users. They burned me CDs containing so many files that I may never have to buy regular books again (but as Michelle and I conceded, there's nothing like holding a thick paperback in your hands). I am now once again addicted to the same computer game (called the Same Game-- haha, no seriously!) my officemates and I couldn't stop playing back when I was still at Philamlife. I also have Text Twist (hurray!) and Monopoly (another Philam pasttime) and a whole bunch of other games Diane thought I'd enjoy (thank you Palm guru!). To add to my PDA's entertainment value, I updated my mp3 list to include songs I can't get out of my head recently: "All These Things That I've Done" by The Killers, "Dust" by Van Hunt and "What About Everything" by Carbon Leaf. And in case anyone's wondering, yes, I am still using the Palm to keep track of my schedule and daily tasks. :p

Aside from my Palm, lately I’ve been over the moon about another accessory I acquired last month: a Nine West bag. It’s brown (the hangtag said “espresso,” how yummy is that?), suede with leather straps, and comes with a coin purse (in brown suede too!) and a bunch of keychains (in the shape of keys, hehe) that jangle merrily when I carry the bag. I first saw it sitting on a shelf in Rustan’s Makati while I was shopping with my mom. It was love at first sight. And when I fall in love with a bag, it’s serious. The last bag I fell head over heels for was a small white Lacoste canvas cutie that I saw my student Kyla the Lacoste lady bring to the Xavier fair’s variety show last year. I had my mom hunt one down for me in Bangkok since the Lacoste stores here did not have it in stock anymore (now I see it on display again at their Podium branch). My mom bought the Nine West bag for me too (because she could get a bigger discount with cash, and I didn’t have enough on me that day), although she couldn’t understand why I was so enamored with it. I brought it home, placed it on my bed and asked my sister brightly, “Isn’t it pretty?” She completely ignored me, of course, and she still does when I do it again from time to time, even after having used the bag more than a dozen times. I realize how materialistic I sound (right, Tarin? wink wink, nudge nudge), but bags are one of the few luho I have, so you’ll have to forgive me (I asked Raqs what the English term for luho is and apparently there is no direct translation ;p).

4 Comments:

At Friday, October 07, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is luho a guilty pleasure...or a... hmm...something you pay a lot for...hmm...an expensive...shux..i think there's an English word for that term.I can't believe it. Ms Lim is baffled by that term! Whahahahaha :D

 
At Monday, October 10, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ms.Lim! It's Karen (Liao) from the cyrenz batch :) I love reading your blog! Can't wait for your next post :)

 
At Monday, October 10, 2005, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

KARENNN!!! (in an undignified, un-teacherly scream) I miss you! :) How are you doing? You know every time I see anything with a cow on it I still think of you! Haha. I took a peek at your blog, you are still as talented an artist as ever! May I add your link to my blog? :)

 
At Tuesday, October 11, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehe! Thanks, Ms.Lim! And thanks for the link, too! :D I miss you and CAE class and even the Odyssey of Homer haha!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home