Friday, January 20, 2006

25 things I've learned in 25 years

1. I've learned that learning the hard way is sometimes the only way I really learn.
2. I've learned that nothing's more important than family. Nothing.
3.
I've learned that kindness, generosity and acceptance are much more difficult to master than meanness, self-centeredness and pride, and I'm just starting to warm up to the challenge.
4. I've learned that I am responsible, forever, for what I have tamed.
5. I've learned that religion and faith are 2 different things, and only 1 is important to me.
6. I've learned that passion is both my best and worst quality.
7. I've learned that nothing hurts more than betrayal of trust. Ingratitude is a close second.
8.
I've learned that being nice won't kill you, but being nasty could get you killed.
9. I've learned that false humility is worse than genuine arrogance, and adopting the latter is not always bad.
10. I've learned that the very best gift of all is to give up your gift.
11. I've learned that there is no such thing as pure objectivity, and that's actually a good thing.
12. I've learned that life is unfair, and when you accept it as such, it becomes easier to deal with.
13.
I've learned that time heals most wounds, but some scars just never disappear.
14. I've learned that I shouldn't apologize for having high standards.

15. I've learned that age is a state of mind, and a quality of soul.
16. I've learned that where you study and what you study are not as important as how you learn and what you learn.

17. I've learned that all men are boys, and boys will be boys, and you can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em.
18. I've learned that love is pain, and without a hurt, the heart is hollow.

19. I've learned that tilting at windmills is futile... but then again, most noble crusades are.
20. I've learned that what I dislike in others is often what I dislike in myself.
21.
I've learned that death is the best reminder that we should truly live.

22.
I've learned that when you have a why to live for, you can bear almost any how.
23.
I've learned that it does matter what people think-- the people who matter, that is.
24.
I've learned that the love you take is not always equal to the love you make... but it's still worth it.

25. I've learned that even after 25 years, I'm still learning.

2 Comments:

At Friday, January 20, 2006, Blogger Peej Bernardo said...

Happy Birthday!

If I didn't know any better, I'd think you were a Sibolista, what with all the Little Prince and the Fantasticks allusions. Well, perhaps maybe you are.

Haha.

I've learned that the most difficult thing, sometimes, is not forgiving others, but forgiving yourself. [Just to add to your list, pero next year mo na i-add yan, on your 26th Birthday!]

Do have a great one!

peej b.

 
At Friday, January 20, 2006, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

Only a Sibolista would have been so quick to spot those allusions. I actually have one of your fellow Sibolistas to thank for those lessons learned, and how I learned them. ;p I am incredibly grateful for all the amazing and wonderful people who have touched my life in the past 25 years, and especially grateful for those who have stuck around until now.

Thanks for the greeting! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home