Monday, January 09, 2006

Blogger bound for Bangkok

Tomorrow, I'm off to Thailand to attend a training seminar at the Ep Espada head offices in Bangkok. Joining me will be 2 of our office staff, my mom, my sister and my cousin Abi, who's considering joining our company (are you or aren't you? ;p) or starting her own business. I'm psyched about this trip, or at least I was until early this morning around 4 when I woke up feeling sick to my stomach-- literally. Even as I write this I am battling the queasiness and the urge to throw up (I think it was all the cheesecake I had at Atsi Fan's engagement party yesterday-- serves me right for being such a pig). I hope this passes within today so I'll be in tip-top travelling shape by tomorrow.

Quick round-up of the weekend (since I'm in a hurry to sneak in a quick lunch break nap on the couch in my dad's office):
  • My mom celebrated her Chinese birthday on Friday and her "real" birthday on Saturday. We gave her a pair of Natori PJs as a present. I think she was pleased, despite her admonishing me not to spend so much on gifts. More on my mom when we get back from Bangkok.
  • ACET results were released Saturday morning. Some of my best and brightest Fyrinx students got in, making me a very happy and proud former teacher and Ateneo alumna. 3 Halikinus and a One Big Fight to everyone who made it!
  • Hanks is going to study in Beijing's Peking University (where I was "exiled" 4 years ago ;p) for 5 months. She leaves in February. I can feel my sibling separation anxiety nibbling at my insides already (stomach virus aside).
  • My cousin Fanny got officially and traditionally engaged yesterday (Sunday). All my older female cousins and aunts, in the thick of packing candy and eggs and rice and veggies into the dowry baskets, were giving me this one word of advice: ELOPE.
  • My good friend Pia's lola passed away last Thursday. I couldn't go to the wake because of all the "happy" occasions that coincided with it, but my deepest condolences go to her and her family.
  • We saw The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe yesterday. Good enough for me not to rant about it, but not outstanding enough for me to rave about it. Maybe will be in a better review mood when I return home next week. Until then, toodles.

3 Comments:

At Monday, January 09, 2006, Blogger Peej Bernardo said...

Enjoy Bangkok!

 
At Tuesday, January 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

best and brightest =D

 
At Wednesday, January 11, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was so happy when my friend told me that I passed. :) Thanks a lot Ms. Lim, even though you were never my teacher, you told me on a lot of occassions that I could do anything that I set my mind to. Eagles!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home