Thursday, February 23, 2006

Shameless slobbering

After 3 solid days of hell at work (spent Monday to Wednesday preparing for a business presentation today, and my PowerPoint and Excel skills were put to the acid test), I was ready to collapse when I got home tonight. But my spirits were instantly raised by American Idol, because the boys performed... and how.

Now, as pathetic as it is for a 25-year-old former school teacher to be acting like a love-crazed (actually more of lust-filled) teenage schoolgirl, I have to confess:
as Ace Young was singing Father Figure and he hit the word "naked", I swooned. I didn't even think I was capable of swooning, but damn, the boy is H-O-T. He could have just sung that one word and he would still get my vote. The long, lingering stare into the camera at the end was reminiscent of Constantine, and though it lacked Con's smoldering intensity, he still has several rounds to perfect what the Greek god patented (hot all-American hunk versus sexy intense rocker? Con still trumps Ace, but Ace can be my daddy anytime ;p). The only thing I don't like about Ace is his fashion choices; the whole A&F surfer dude look just doesn't do it for me... but as I told Fara, at least it makes it even more tempting to undress him. Wehehe (yes, PJ, even cerebral people have impure thoughts :p).

Now someone who does have impeccable style and fashion sense is crooner David Radford. Karen was right, he's Arrow model material. ;) I can't believe he's just 17! Pedophile alert! Haha. Good thing Ace is my age, so I can drool over him guilt-free. Another teenage cutie is Will Makar, who is cute in a dorky kind of way. Paula got it right when she said he reminds her of Bobby Brady. :p And of course, Fara would never forgive me if don't mention her darling Chris Daughtry, who is also appealing in a bad boy way, and he sang a Bon Jovi song, which earns him extra points in my book. Plus, the fact that he's married heightens his appeal.

Oh yeah, and they all sing well too. Haha.

Looks aside, my personal favorite among the guys is gray-haired Taylor Hicks. His bizarre habit of going into spasmodic Ray Charles seizures? Love it.
His harmonica playing? Love it. His perennial good-humored disposition? Love it. His boundless manic energy? Love it. His distinct, rich, soulful voice? Love it. Soul Patrol! Soul Patrol! =D

11 Comments:

At Thursday, February 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so love reading your blog Ailee! Anyhows, lets hope our idols make it to the top... so we can continue lusting over them. ;) Hahahaha!

 
At Friday, February 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha :D Ms. Lim, my mom is also swooning over Ace. Hahahaha :D To think my mom's 40-ish already. You are not alone in swooning for him.

Shux, too bad i wasn't able to watch the show...had nightschool that time.

Whoa! Didn't know they were also showing it in the Phil that early. Hehe :)

 
At Friday, February 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the guys were REALLY REALLY good last night! i just didn't like the fat guy who sang copacobana (tama ba spelling? or is it copacAbana?).. mukha siyang manyak.

 
At Friday, February 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A for Abigail committing ADULTERY.

"I'll be your father, your daddy---"

I'll let you be my FATHER, my DADDY ace!!! anytime!! haha i soooo loved A.I. yday! i watched it TWICE. your man was smoldering i got to say. as paula said... "those eyes... allo!"

better keep a close eye on him... i think david will make it... despite randy's very HARSH comments! ("LEAVE HIM ALONE BITCH!!!!")

-abi, near adulteress...

 
At Friday, February 24, 2006, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

Thanks Jac, I feel better after you shared that bit about your mom. :)

Kassie: Yeah, that Bobby Bennett guy has to go. He reminds me of a fat Gomez Addams from the Addams Family. :p Oh, and it's Copacabana (dammit, now that song's going to be stuck in my head all day, haha).

Faraaaaa! We are such hopeless AI groupies. I'm glad I'm not the only twentysomething hyperventilating over the guys, hehe. That goes for you too Abi (that's right, stand by your man! and keep your hands off mine! xp).

 
At Friday, February 24, 2006, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

Um, I wasn't blown away by Elliot, but he was, as Randy likes to say, "ayt" for me. Top 6 male picks: Ace (swoon), David, Chris, Elliot, Will, and of course, Taylor. =D Top 6 female picks: Paris, Lisa, Mandisa, Kellie, Katharine, and Ayla.

 
At Friday, February 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

same tayo ng top picks. XD
pero sana hindi agad maout si cutie covais.. aw.. :(

i'm still not over the fact that randy initially said "no" to radford.. what the-- *!Q!&@^

moving on..
i really hope radford makes it.. he's the ONLY reason why i watch this show anyway. pero sana hindi siya sumikat mashado.. para may chance WHAHA okay.. as if.

 
At Friday, February 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi miss lim! long time no see! (ugh, cheesy and trite but true :p) what do you think of everyone saying katharine's surely gonna win it? a lot of my friends think so. even simon can't seem to say anything really bad to her. i'm still not sure who i'm rooting for, though. damn ai for being so addictive! i have soo much stuff to do - yet i still HAVE to block off time to watch it! :)) --chars

 
At Saturday, February 25, 2006, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

I think Katharine has the voice, but not the personality it takes to be an American Idol. She's pretty, but she can't dance to save her life. :p Not a total performer in other words. If I had to bet good money on someone right now, it would be Ace. He's got the looks AND the talent. AND I'm completely biased. Hahaha.

 
At Monday, February 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ace has the X factor nga raw diba?
o sige, looks or talent? talent or looks?

NEITHER.

it's THE X!

(how deep!)

:) devoted mrs R

 
At Monday, February 27, 2006, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

X, Y, Z, whatever letter he's got, I want it!! Hahaha.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home