Saturday, February 18, 2006

They'll always be Wisdom to me

Last night was Sobriety's class night, and this morning I got my butt out of bed at 5:30 to deliver breakfast to the bunch of sleepyheads camped out in ICA's Conference Room 1. As I distributed donuts, it suddenly hit me that these kids will be done with high school in just a few more weeks. It seems like just a few weeks ago that I was teaching them when they were still in third year, still Wisdom, still my wild, wacky, warm, wild, winning, wonderful Wisdom. In my mind and in my heart, I can never get used to them as Sobriety, not only because I wasn't around during their senior year, but also because I prefer to remember them as the incorrigibly loud and irresistibly lovable class who made me laugh, cry and be proud to be their teacher.

Yesterday I sent them a message care of Maddy and Loida, and I'm putting a copy here for posterity. I had used Billy Joel's "She's Always a Woman", and the song happens to perfectly capture how I feel about Sobri-- no, Wisdom. Always Wisdom.

They can kill with a smile
They can wound with their eyes
They can ruin your faith with their casual lies
And they only reveal what they want you to see
They act like they’re children
But they’ll always be Wisdom to me

They can lead you to live
They can take you or leave you
They can ask for the truth
But they’ll never believe you
And they’ll take what you give them as long as it’s free
They steal like they’re thieves
But they’ll always be Wisdom to me

Oh, they take care of themselves
They can wait if they want
They’re ahead of their time
Oh, and they never give out
And they never give in
They just change their minds

They will promise you more
Than the Garden of Eden

Then they’ll carelessly cut you
And laugh while you’re bleedin’
But they’ll bring out the best
And the worst you can be
Blame it all on yourself
‘Cause they’ll always be Wisdom to me

They are frequently kind
And they’re suddenly cruel
They can do as they please
They’re nobody’s fools
But they can’t be convicted
They’ve earned their degree
And the most they will do
Is throw shadows at you
But they’ll always be Wisdom to me

6 Comments:

At Saturday, February 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thats wisdom..xp thanx again ms lim!! miss ya!see ya i dnt knw wen! hahahaha!!
~sab

 
At Sunday, February 19, 2006, Blogger Peej Bernardo said...

Well, as they say, Ails, allgoodthingsmustcometoanend.

High school will always be the best days of my life. I'm sure it was for them, too.

Lahat ng may simula, mayroong katapusan.
Lahat ng pagtatagpo, mayroong
paalamanan.
Talaga raw ganyan. Talaga raw ganyan.

Ngunit kaibigan, ika'y bahagi na ng aking katauhan.
Paano, paano kita pagpapaalamanan?

Talaga raw ganyan.

 
At Sunday, February 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

miss lim!:D hahaha thank you for that veeeery nice surprise! haha :)) i remember waking up and seeing you tapos ako parang "weeeeh si miss lim ba yan?!? O_o" tapos sabi ni da "oo mads! hindi ka nananaginip!" wahahaha :)) thank you for the donuts! *yumyumyum* hahaha :D actually we were supposed to raid your house that morning right after class night! hehe :) haha yung first cry ko sa class night was when binasa ni da yung billy joel song...awww <3 hahaha :) THANK YOU MISS LIM! *mwah* hahaha :) -mads ;)

 
At Monday, February 20, 2006, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

Haha, good thing I beat you guys to the punch! I've already been yanked out of bed by students twice this year, and I hope you'll never get that opportunity again. xp

 
At Monday, February 20, 2006, Blogger sandz24 said...

eek we're in your blog :D haha.thank you for being unexpectedly sweet :) gawd, whatathought. ohyes we're graduating >< at least we're sumhow neighbors hahah :p

p.s: i kn0w it's extra tough to wake up @ THAT time, thank you! :o

 
At Monday, February 20, 2006, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

You're welcome... Sandz? That you? :) Anything for you guys... even waking up at 5:30! :p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home