Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Cavity (from sweetness, not emptiness)

As expected, a Valentine's gift from my mom was waiting for me outside my bedroom door this morning. I was running late for work, so I just grabbed the paper bag and brought it with me. In the car, I opened the package to find a pair of awesome Kenneth Cole shades. I tried them on, and I thought to myself, my mom rocks. =D [see vanity pic (to borrow a term from Jen, I'm such a camwhore! :p)]

Before going to the office, I made a quick stop at Bizu Promenade to buy my dad a sugar-free cake (he's been controlling his sugar intake since last year), since he won't be able to eat the Haagen-Dazs ice cream cake I got for my mom. When I got home from the office, my brother gave me a single red rose, which was the surprise of the day, and I was genuinely touched. Then I had dinner with my parents, guakong, guama, Abi's family (sans Kev) and Auntie Nene at EDSA Plaza's Summer Palace (Bens had other plans *koff koff*). There was so-ooo much food, but it was all so good I had to have a little (and sometimes a lot) of each dish. My dad had brought along a bottle of Xavier wine (yep, Xavier as in Xavier School-- it's their 50th anniversary wine), which we managed to finish though the adults had very few (I had 1 full glass, Abi had 2, and I don't know how much her brother Bryan had). Of course on the way home we just had to stop at UCC for my parents' coffee fix, so by the time we got back to the house, no one even thought of touching the ice cream cake, we were so stuffed.

I used to denounce Valentine's as a commercialized Hallmark holiday that cheapens love, but maybe that was just jaded bitterness talking. Tonight, with a full stomach and a full heart (in spite and proud defiance of my singlehood xp) I marvel at how much love there is in my life. Perhaps if I were more miserable at home, I would be bemoaning the absence of a "significant other". As it is, the vacuum is not that significant.

5 Comments:

At Thursday, February 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just realized how you're actually more of a camwhore than me. You're always uploading pictures into your blog! Haha :) But then again, that's probably because a) you have your own digicam b) it's so much easier to upload pictures in blogspot.

Love the shades, by the way :D

 
At Thursday, February 16, 2006, Blogger Peej Bernardo said...

Cool shades, Ails! Haha. Why can I imagine you in an all black outfit, wearing those shades, and strutting down a catwalk with flashbulbs going off everywhere!

Yahoo!

Abangan kita sa fashion channel next time.

Ingat.

peej b.

 
At Friday, February 17, 2006, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

Thanks for the compliments, my adoring public. Haha.

 
At Saturday, February 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my dad (full of school pride, as always) bought dozens of bottles to give away... i actually liked the taste of it, though ;)

i blame camwhorage on friendster, blogs, myspace, multiply, and all those hey-world-look-at-me sites that surfaced... hahaha :)

happy vday! i missed my lhc/cutt girls more than ever on the 14th... ;_(

 
At Sunday, February 19, 2006, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

Yeah, the Xavier wine was not bad. I guess the Jesuits know their vintage. Haha.

I also blame camwhorage on digital cameras. When you're not worried about wasting film, you can take all the vanity shots you want. ;p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home