Thursday, May 25, 2006

And the winner is...

TAYLOR HICKS!!!

The Silver Fox of Soul has prevailed in Season 5 of American Idol, and I couldn't be more thrilled! *does a little Taylor dance* Not only is he the first guy to beat a girl in the finals, he's also the first white guy to win AI, AND he did it without ever landing in the bottom 3! From his audition in Vegas all the way to his last performances in the Kodak Theater in Hollywood, I just loved, loved, loved Taylor's buoyant energy and infectious spirit. True, his vocals aren't as strong as Katharine McPhee's, and he's not as hot as Chris Daughtry, but Taylor has unique stage presence-- and the crazy dance moves and ugly jackets are all part of the package (Simon can sneer all he want, I don't care!). No other Idol is as enjoyable to watch as Taylor, and I am haphaphappy that he won. His will be the first AI solo album that I'll buy (the real deal too, not pirated! :p). I'm a Soul Patroller for life! Woo!

P.S. Read this great blog post about Taylor and why he won, by my fellow Hicks fan and newfound blog buddy enuhski. =D

6 Comments:

At Friday, May 26, 2006, Blogger enuhski said...

heya!!! *happy taylor dance plus taylor whoop* i knew he'd win! :D great great guy. he broke a lot of records to make it to the top! soul patrol! soul patrol! :D

 
At Friday, May 26, 2006, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

Well hello there! Oh wow, you're a great writer AND a Taylor fan too?? I knew I liked you! Haha. ;p

 
At Friday, May 26, 2006, Blogger enuhski said...

heeey! thanks for the unexpected honor. i enjoy reading your blog din. :) rocky picks wonderful people to be her friends ;)

 
At Monday, May 29, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi teach! been a long while haha i laughed hard when i watched clay aiken appear! sandecki was SOOOOO gay!!!! hahaha!!! - cory

 
At Monday, May 29, 2006, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

Clay Aiken's hair was scary! Haha. But say what you will about the boy, he sure can sing. :)

 
At Sunday, June 04, 2006, Blogger Crayzta said...

I was in the province when I watched the finale. All my relatives were rooting for Taylor as well. ^^

 

Post a Comment

<< Home