Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Beautiful day, 2006

Last year, as I was in the throes of agony over Constantine Maroulis' untimely departure from AI season 4, I was rescued from the bottom of the pit of my despair by my dear friend and fellow AI addict Fara. She surprised me with a self-compiled VCD of all of Con's performances. I remember how touched and delighted I was by her gift, and how grateful for having such an incredibly sweet and thoughtful friend.

She did it again.

And I wasn't even depressed! Yesterday afternoon, I was already in a good mood, owing to my student Pam, who so graciously volunteered to burn me discs of Grey's Anatomy Season 2 (love and hugs, Pamy!). But then my mood got a second boost when I got home, when I saw a square package inside a Ziploc bag (dead giveaway it's from Fara the Bag Lady) sitting innocuously on my desk. That's odd, I thought. I didn't miss AI last week, so why did Fara burn me a CD? (yep, she burns me CDs of eps I miss =D) I picked up the package and found that it was thicker than just one CD. Curious, I opened the bag, and when I saw what it contained I almost screamed out loud: DVD copies of HOUSE, SEASON 2!! Fara, the big nut, wasted precious hours burning me copies from the DVDs her dad had given her last week, even before watching a single episode herself! And since Fara is the OC perfectionist she is, she had designed and printed House stickers for the CD faces too. How awesome a friend is that?!?

And so to Fara-- OC Bag Lady, fellow fangirl, and super amazingly thoughtful friend-- a huge THANK YOU from the bottom of my AI-addled, House-hooked, black-hat heart. =D

4 Comments:

At Wednesday, May 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ang sweet tlaga ni miss uy forever :)

 
At Wednesday, May 10, 2006, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

Forever and ever. Amen. :)

 
At Wednesday, May 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wish Fara's my friend too.

 
At Thursday, May 11, 2006, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

That could be arranged. Hehe.

Oh and I forgot to mention this: she's also burning me a CD with the MP3 files of all the songs I like from this season of AI. =D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home