Sunday, April 23, 2006

For once, it's not a business trip!

Tomorrow I'm off to a week-long vacation in Singapore and Kuala Lumpur. It's the first time I'm going abroad with friends only, but the second time I'm doing so with Angie, one my closest and dearest friends (incidentally, it's her birthday today, and her graduation from law school =D). We were classmates in high school from 2nd to 4th year, and we were also blockmates in college. After we graduated from Ateneo we went to Bangkok with 2 other LM girls, Pia and Ria, but my mom went with us, although she only joined us for meals and a shopping expedition or 2, as it was a business trip for her.

This time around, Anj and I are traveling with her older sister Me-an and Anj's best friend Anna, a batchmate from high school. I'm looking forward to spending an entire week away from the daily grind at the office, although I'm sure work-related text messages and calls will still hound me in Singapore and KL. But I'm going to savor every work-free minute this vacation-- this honest-to-goodness vacation-- affords me, because who knows when I'll have another golden opportunity like this?

May next week stretch on forever. :)

5 Comments:

At Sunday, April 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Singapore's fun! Try to get some Kaya Toast from Takashimaya and be sure to check out Kinokuniya, this huge bookstore in Takashimaya as well and Borders :D

 
At Sunday, April 23, 2006, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

You're the second student to recommend Kinokuniya. :) Will definitely check it out.

 
At Sunday, April 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be the third student to recommend Kinokuniya! hahaha :D Have fun on your trip! And if you go shopping in KLCC in Malaysia, try out Madam Kwan's! Me and my family liked the food so much, we kept going back to eat there. From what I remember, it's on the same floor as the Kinokuniya in KLCC. :)

 
At Tuesday, April 25, 2006, Blogger Crayzta said...

Have a great time Ms Lim! I've only been to Singapore once so I don't really know my way around the place.

A nice place to visit though is the "Night Safari". One of the few places that I went to, it's really nice and you get to see the animals up close too! ^^

 
At Tuesday, April 25, 2006, Blogger Crayzta said...

By the way, it's me Christa. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home