Monday, May 29, 2006

Pre-Bangkok blog post

My surrogate shobs Tarin had her debut last Saturday at the Manila Peninsula Conservatory. Maddy and Kat and I went together, and together we were ambushed by the debutante, who surprised us with pretty fondant cakes (chocolate inside! yummy!), but not without impromptu birthday messages in return. I was in the middle of taking a photo of Tarin standing at the lectern, when she suddenly started saying, “First of all, thank you to Costumes-R-Us…” and I almost dropped my digicam in shock when it registered that she was talking about me. Not only was I the first one ambushed (so I had absolutely no time to prepare), my wonderful friends both decided to just say “Ms. Lim said it all” to pass off as their messages. :p Dinner was delish, the red wine was good, Tarin’s vanity video was hilarious (with our pix included), and the 3 of us teachers kept ourselves entertained by criticizing the Xavier boys in attendance and passing sartorial judgment on their formal attire (I can’t stand seeing guys in ill-fitting suits and shirts and ugly ties). I guess we really are too old to be attending debuts. ;)
* * *

Thanks to the DVD copies Fara gave me, my House addiction has kicked in once more, and this time it’s fiercer than ever. Season 2 is livelier, funnier, and crazier, with more romance and drama than the previous season. With each episode I manage to squeeze into my insanely busy sched, I find myself marveling at Hugh Laurie’s deep reservoir of talent (or is it psychoses?) as his Dr. Gregory House becomes increasingly meaner, madder, and inconceivably sexier. In this season House shows more frequent flashes of humanity from beneath his cold, callous, Cowellish exterior, especially when his barely concealed feelings for old flame Stacy get the better of him. The sarcastic, witty verbal exchanges between him and the other characters are so razor-sharp they should come with warning labels: keep out of reach of children… and adults with low IQs who are incapable of appreciating intelligent dialogue. I can’t get enough of this series, and I hope it has a long TV life ahead of it… or I may just develop a real Vicodin addiction to help me deal with the pain of its loss.
* * *

From May 30 to June 3, I will be in Bangkok for the nth time (and for those envious of my jet-setting lifestyle, I’m telling you, it’s not as glamorous or fun as it sounds). Expect complete blog silence ‘til my return. Over and out.

2 Comments:

At Sunday, June 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait for you to start posting again. I never knew how attached I was to reading your entries hahaha :)

 
At Monday, June 05, 2006, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

I can't wait to start posting too. One of the things I hate most about my frequent traveling is the work backlog I have to battle when I get back, which prevents me from composing new blog entries for a good few days. I need to start writing to vent some negative energy. I've been in a rotten mood since yesterday, when I found out I have to attend another goddamn wedding of an unfamiliar family friend in Cebu this weekend. I'm itching to start bitching.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home