Tuesday, August 29, 2006

The best second date ever

I had the greatest time with Fara last Saturday. We caught a late-afternoon screening of Click (more on the movie in my next post) at Theater Mall, then had dinner and dessert at Bizu. Topics of conversation free-wheeled from Fara's family roots in Samar (from where no gwapo guys hail ;p), to the morality and relationship issues of Grey's Anatomy (Meredith shouldn't have... McDreamy should have... Izzy shouldn't have... the Chief should have...), to critiques of the remaining contenders on Rock Star Supernova (Fara hates Dilana and loves Toby, I love Dilana and hate Ryan, we both detest Lukas), to Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere (one of my favorite books of all time, which Fara just started reading), to a brief history of my super messy love life 4 years ago (and no, I shall not expound here). The hours just flew by, as we consumed unhealthy portions of pasta and baked goodies and chattered non-stop, until Kat joined us after having attended a student's debut in the Greenhills area.

It was the second time I've gone on a "date" with Fara (the first was our memorable Brokeback Mountain movie date), and I'm sure it won't be the last. When I was getting ready to leave the house that afternoon, Hanks asked me who I was going out with, and I said Fara, she said, "Just Fara?" I said, "Yup. Just Fara. There are just some things that you can only talk about with certain people, you know? And it's impossible to do so in a big group." Hanging out with Fara-- just Fara-- is always refreshing. Although I love AP-Annex to death, sometimes the only things we talk about are ICA and our students, and now that I no longer have any students still studying in ICA, I find it hard to relate to the other teachers' anecdotes about current ICA affairs. With Fara, though we did teach a batch together for a year, we never even have to mention our beloved Cyrenz (we did run into some of them that night though =D). And not only do we never run out of things to talk about, I know I can be completely frank and irrational and stupid and lazy and selfish and open with my yellow-hat friend, and she would never judge me for it. Indeed, she even seems to love me for it. :) I can't wait for our third date.

Now, if only Fara were male, 5'10" and looked anything like Patrick Dempsey...

7 Comments:

At Tuesday, August 29, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

how's ms. uy doing? :)

 
At Wednesday, August 30, 2006, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

She's ok. :) She had her appendix taken out last month, but she has recovered already and looks great. I think she has mended in more ways than one. Thanks for asking Kassie! For the record, you're one of the Cyrenz we miss most. =D

 
At Wednesday, August 30, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ailee person! another blog entry about me!! i'm so touched! :) but really, i enjoyed our second date too, can't wait for our third... i think someone will become a third wheel when that happens! ;P

hi kassie... i'm fine and very much ok, thanks for asking :) like what ms. lim said, my appendix was taken out last month. still have scars though so i guess going to bora and wearing a bikini is out of the question! [hahaha, as if i can ever wear a bikini!! :)] gosh, i really miss you guys and saying "alrighty then" in class!! :)

PS. if ever you guys see me out there & i don't wave back, please excuse my partial blindness caused i don't usually wear my contacts or glasses when i go out. sorry :)

 
At Wednesday, August 30, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww.. thanks ms lim, i'm touched :)

hi ms uy, glad u're doing well! did u take ur appendix home in a little bottle or did u leave it lang sa hospital?

 
At Thursday, August 31, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ms lim i didnt figure u as a rockstar supernova fan. hehe

i hate dilana. i used to like her during the start of the show but know i love toby <3.

 
At Thursday, August 31, 2006, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

Hell yeah I'm a Supernova fan! xD And I'm still rooting for Dilana, emotional instability notwithstanding, hehe. She's just an amazing performer to watch, no matter what she's singing.

But yeah, your boy Toby totally kicked ass on "Rebel Yell" last night. ;) Much, much better than Lukas' previous rendition. Magni outdid Ryan's version of "I Alone" too, but then Ryan trumped his version of "Clocks" (his piano-playing was wild, man!). Only Lukas didn't manage to come up with an improved rendition of "Lithium", but then again, who could improve on Dilana? ;p

Storm's probably going today. Pity. That girl's got mad skills. Just not right for Supernova.

 
At Thursday, August 31, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes toby kicked ass!! haha i wasnt able to watch dilana's performance since i was too busy drying my hair before i went to class. so im not sure how she did, but i did see her teary eyed after ther own performance

galing ng clocks performance ni ryan. *swoon swoon* i think im going to download the episode :D

storm did an ok version of bring me to life. medyo corny since it sounded like the original, no twist.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home