Monday, April 23, 2007

I hate being a sentimental fool, but...

I cried myself to sleep last night.

But it wasn't a bad kind of cry. It was a very, very good kind of cry. And I woke up today feeling uncharacteristically chipper for a Monday morning.

This is what prompted my sniffle session last night. When I came home from dinner with my cousin Abi, I spotted an old journal of mine lying on my desk. The notebook contained entries written during a period when I was very angry, very confused, and very hurt by certain circumstances in my spectacularly messed-up life back then. But as I read through the entries, I realized that so many people had helped me get through it with their friendship and concern and support, that I was just overwhelmed, and
I cried out of sheer joy and gratitude and love.

So today, I want to say THANK YOU to those wonderful friends, to whom I never fully expressed my appreciation, at a time when I was too wrapped up in my own misery to notice the people around me who were holding me up when I was down.

To Chris: You gave me your loyalty and trust, and you gave me John Mayer. :) It meant so much that you were there for me through the entire rough patch. Thanks, Dee.

To Mark: Years later, we still haven't had that long talk. :p But I hope you know that I respect you a lot, and that I'll never forget all your unexpected kindnesses towards me.

To Gerry: You were there with me from beginning to end, and you never stopped being the Ahia I adore. :)

To Pia and Jehan: Those 3-way phone calls helped preserve my sanity even when I wasn't aware I was losing it. Thanks a million girls! Love and hugs.

To Angge: You are my rock. In times of crisis, you are an incredible source of strength for me. For that and more, more than I deserve and more than I'll ever thank you enough for, I love you so, so much.

To Sir Tirol: I don't know what I would have done without my Harry Senate. You shared your time, wisdom, humor and sympathy with me when you could have been attending to a million other more important things. You have played a huge role in my life, and I am privileged to have you as a confidante and friend.

To Raqs: You are my true north. I love you, in this lifetime and all the lifetimes to come.

These people were the brightest spots in my darkest days, and looking back I feel none of the pain and anger, only an amazement at how blessed I am to have these friends in my life. Thank you, thank you, thank you guys.

2 Comments:

At Monday, April 23, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol, it's okay to be sentimental once in a while. :)

Love ya Ms. Lim ^____^

 
At Monday, April 23, 2007, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

Thanks Christa! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home