Thursday, July 21, 2005

Excellence and ineptitude

Thumbs up

Arrow has won the 2004 Philippine Marketing Excellence Award for Most Outstanding Men's Clothing. Last night I attended the awarding ceremony at the Westin Philippine Plaza. I was decked out in an Arrow Woman blazer, Arrow Woman pinstripe slacks, and an Arrow necktie, which my dad helped me knot (the only tie I know how to knot is the weird maroon one that came with my high school uniform). While I'm at it, I might as well use my blog to promote our ongoing 5th Anniversary Sale, with big discounts and special offers at all Arrow boutiques. Hehehe.

Thumbs down

Every morning going to work, I pass through Boni Serrano (a.k.a. Santolan). Last week, before I left for Hong Kong/China, I noticed that there was a manhole left uncovered in the middle of the street. Someone had placed an orange plastic roadblock beside it to warn motorists of the potential danger the gaping hole presented. Fast forward to more than a week later, after I had returned from my trip... and the manhole was still uncovered! Not only that, but the orange roadblock was smashed to a mangled mound, probably having been hit by a vehicle with a not-so-alert driver. This morning, the ruined roadblock had been replaced with a new one. To the people who were thoughtful and efficient enough to change the roadblock: hey, geniuses, COVER THE MANHOLE!

4 Comments:

At Thursday, July 21, 2005, Blogger Ange said...

Santolan is after Ortigas right? Near Xavier and Mariposa? If I'm thinking of the same place, and the same uncovered manhole, then it's already fixed. If we're not thinking of the same thing, then I'll just tell you of the one I'm thinking about.

There's this part in the road at the intersection that hasn't been fixed in a long time. Every time we pass by each afternoon, we would see that there's this roadblock that warns of the uncovered hole. This afternoon, though, it was already cemented. So cars can passs by without having to worry about that area. :)

 
At Thursday, July 21, 2005, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

The one I'm referring to is right in front of Camp Crame, before you reach EDSA. Are we talking about the same manhole? :)

 
At Friday, July 22, 2005, Blogger Ange said...

Ahh...no. :) We pass by there in the mornings, but I don't notice it. hehe. But I think I might have at least once before. I just don't recall having seen it. :) (selective memory)

In the afternoons, we pass by the Mariposa area since it's the shorter route and there are less stoplights (actually,i think there's none). :)

 
At Saturday, July 23, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Wow, you're promoting what you sell too! Cool cool! :D

Oh my. Crazy people! Can't even cover the manhole but they could replace all the orange thingys. Argh! Wasting time and money there. Tsk tsk. How hazardous too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home