Friday, August 12, 2005

Blame it on the rain

The gloomy wet weather we've been having for the past week seems to be having an opposite effect on me. Maybe it's just my three-point plan, but I have been feeling pretty good recently, although the cause of my "depression" has not disappeared. Just a few minutes ago as I was walking from our company dining room back to the office, navigating through puddles which had pooled on the open-air corridor floor, with the stormy wind spitting raindrops at me, I started humming a Garbage song in my head:

I’m only happy when it rains
I’m only happy when it’s complicated
And though I know you can’t appreciate it
I’m only happy when it rains

You know I love it when the news is bad
And why it feels so good to feel so sad
I’m only happy when it rains

Pour your misery down, pour your misery down on me
Pour your misery down, pour your misery down on me

I’m only happy when it rains
I feel good when things are going wrong
I only listen to the sad, sad songs
I’m only happy when it rains

I only smile in the dark
My only comfort is the night gone black
I didn’t accidentally tell you that
I’m only happy when it rains

You’ll get the message by the time I’m through
When I complain about me and you
I’m only happy when it rains

You can keep me company
As long as you don’t care

I’m only happy when it rains
You wanna hear about my new obsession?
I’m riding high upon a deep depression
I’m only happy when it rains

So maybe I can only be happy when I'm not. Go figure.

On a lighter (and less twisted) note, I can think of other reasons why I'm happy when it rains:
  • I get to wear my favorite jackets (my white Arrow windbreaker, my black Marks & Spencer hoodie, and of course, my precious blue-and-white Ateneo jacket).
  • A hot, frothy tea latte from CBTL tastes better on a rainy day (I've switched from chai to English Breakfast).
  • I have an excuse not to wear open-toed, high-heeled shoes (sometimes a girl gets tired of being a girl and just wants to wear thick socks and comfy Nikes).

4 Comments:

At Friday, August 12, 2005, Blogger Ange said...

I love the rain.

 
At Saturday, August 13, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I get to wear my favorite jackets.

Hear, hear, that's one of the reasons i love the rain as well :)

A hot frothy tea latte from CBTL

I love their Moroccan Mint Tea Chai Latte, it's amazing on a rainy day :)

 
At Saturday, August 13, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha. :) hi ms. lim! haha! yes, i believe so too. and for the past week -- PT week, ICaNs are having the jacket fad!! haha :) you can actually window shop by just looking at the jacket people. :) haha :)

 
At Sunday, August 14, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Total opposite here in Canada. Wear shorts shorts shorts and sleeveless tops. Hahahaha :D Hot hot days. Although yesterday was gloomy and wet.

OH yeah, speaking of which, had too much eye-candy today cz of all the wakeboarders and extreme sports ppl at "wakestock". Got a beer shirt too. Whaha :D

Oh ya...love em rubbershoesies! :)

Have fun under the rain.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home