Sunday, October 23, 2005

A day at the fair

Elyse and I went to the ICA fair yesterday, primarily to see our students and hang out with AP-annex. However, it also involved being roped into spending money/chits at their respective booths. This, in turn, compelled me to put my embarrassing hand-eye coordination on display by playing various games which called for such complex skills such as lobbing golf balls into boxes and fishing for liquid-filled water bottles. Buying 2 ICA buttons from the SC and a notebook from Loida's club booth was not as humiliating.

The variety show was... long. Haha. I guess you know you're aging when you're already yawning in the middle of the third act (and you're thinking, "who's Sponge Cola anyway and why are all these kids screaming their heads off?"). But I had fun even though out of all the bands who performed, I was only familiar with Rivermaya, and only because they performed a bunch of their older songs (to Kat's disappointment, they didn't play Ulan). Anyway I was really there to see the Fyrinx strut their stuff in the fashion show and to watch the Dance Troupe, the Glee Club, and Hands in Harmony perform. I loved this year's concept for the fashion show, featuring real models-- students who serve as role models for other ICAns (so Jen, why weren't the angel wings on you? :p). I was thrilled that one of my seniors from last year, the terrifically talented Mylene Chung, supplied her amazing vocals for 2 numbers with Hands in Harmony. I'd pay good money to watch Mye in concert (so my P300 varie ticket was worth the price, Rivermaya or no Rivermaya).

After the varie, AP-Annex came to my house to unwind and gab about the day's events (and then some... mahaba-habang kwentuhan, haha). We passed the unanimous verdict that the fair and varie were hugely successful this year, in more ways that one (I don't think I've ever seen so many sleeves on ICAns in their civvies!). And we didn't say that just because the SC moderator/APFSA is one of us (love you Shirl!).

All in all it was a Saturday (and several hundred bucks) well spent. I'm just sorry I didn't get to go into the DG Horror Booth to terrorize the actors inside, like Margaux and Lyzet and I did 2 years ago. It's always fun messing with students... I think that's why I enjoy going back to ICA so much. :p

I only managed to take the following pix at the fair:

Ms. Tan heard I was planning on wearing a short skirt to the fair!
someone who makes me wish I had stayed in ICA: SC head honcho ValCon
Ms. Sia's proud proteges/faithful followers

6 Comments:

At Sunday, October 23, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since when have I been an angel? :P Might as well present something real while walking down the ramp hahaha! Too bad I didn't get to see you in the fair!

 
At Monday, October 24, 2005, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

Haha, exactly my dear. Keep it real. Besides, I don't think we'd get along so well if you WERE an angel. Birds of a feather... ;p

 
At Monday, October 24, 2005, Blogger Elyse said...

fun pala maging visitor lang sa fair. haha! palakad lakad lang. palaro laro at ginugulo ang mga may trabaho. no stress. haha.

 
At Tuesday, October 25, 2005, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

And we didn't even have to be on the lookout students violating the dress code (although at one point Kat was pushing me to run after a girl in a tank top and ask if she was an alumna :p).

 
At Friday, October 28, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i didn't even realize i'd violated the dress code in senior year until i saw other icans in racerback (or, as the ica circular said, RAZORBACK) tops being forced to buy fair shirts to cover up :o wala lang! memories... :)

awww, way to go, mye. they should feature more ican performers for the varie. the only student performers in recent years have been xs/ateneo bands e haha :)

 
At Friday, October 28, 2005, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

Haha, I remember the "razorback" vs. "racerback" discussion back when I was still teaching you guys. I think it was Donna who agreed with me that "razorback" is plausible because the back of the shirt is shaped like a razor head. :p And the dictionary defines the word "razorback" as "having a narrow back". But I think in fashion it's generally "racerback". :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home