Tuesday, December 06, 2005

So this is Christmas

What about the weird weather we've been having lately, huh? Last Sunday it was summer in December, and then today it's looking like rainy June. Somehow it's harder to get into the holiday spirit when you're sweating like a pig, or getting surprised by unseasonal showers. The outdoor tiangge at Greenhills is a public sauna one day and a communal bathhouse the next. Good thing I'm almost done with my Christmas shopping. I'm pretty efficient this year, considering I have more people on my shopping list than ever before (as I grow older I make more friends and get better at keeping in touch with old ones-- it's tough on the wallet, but well worth it). All that's left now is the most challenging purchase: a Christmas/wedding anniversary gift for our parents (they got married on Christmas Day, of all days... at least we just need to get them one gift ;p). I think I'll drop by Deco Centrum on my way home from work today, see if they have anything within our budget (of course when I say "our" budget I mean my budget, seeing as how I'm the only one earning an income of the 3 of us). If I can't afford the tiniest Lladro they have then I'll have to consider other options. I know they need a new water pitcher for their bedroom... who knows where I can find a good selection of pitchers?

6 Comments:

At Tuesday, December 06, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i CANT WAIT for the warm weather in the phils!!!!!! im counting the days.. just a few more days, finals and i can bask in the sun!! haha well, it beats the constant snowing here eh? haha but ill probably regret saying that once i get there! ;p

 
At Tuesday, December 06, 2005, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

How does that old rhyme go?

"As a rule a man's a fool,
When it's hot he wants it cool,
When it's cool he wants it hot,
Always wanting what is not." :p

 
At Wednesday, December 07, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

may rhyme pala na ganun.

that's hot, i mean, cool!

 
At Thursday, December 08, 2005, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

You really crack me up, Karen. :p

 
At Monday, December 12, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miss the warm Philippine weather. It's snowing like crazy here in Canada, specifically in Toronto. Too dang cold!

Just saw the reply from my blog, which i haven't been updating lately..haha...i'm not really against teaching..i'm just scared of the soon-to-be students. Tsk tsk..if ever i become a teacher.

Been super busy here lately. No Christmas shopping for us here...we don't even have Christmas decors at our lil apartment. Hahahaha :D

Take care! Miss you Ms. Lim! Enjoy the odd weather Christmas season there!

Bring back the tropical days of the Philippines...ahh.. *sigh*

 
At Monday, December 12, 2005, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

Good to hear from you, Jac! Keep warm over there, and Happy Holidays! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home