Monday, November 21, 2005

Wedding banned

We attended the wedding of a family friend yesterday, and during the reception, as we were being tortured by bland Chinese food and mushy mood music, my siblings and I started compiling a list of songs that we would never, ever play at our own weddings (Bens even said he would create a playlist for his iPod just for laughs... or just to inflict pain on our eardrums when called for). The following were included in our list:
  • It Might Be You (the king of all senti songs)
  • Love Moves in Mysterious Ways (my sister's personal favorite)
  • On the Wings of Love (we always find this one hysterical, especially when performed by overenthusiastic wedding singers)
  • You (or any other Carpenters song for that matter)
  • Born for You (sorry to any David Pomeranz fans out there, but he just makes us want to vomit)
  • Because of You (the one by Keith Martin, not the one by 98 Degrees-- I actually like that one)
  • The Gift (Jim Brickman songs at a wedding? how novel! it's positively revolutionary!)
  • My Valentine (unless we're getting married on Valentines Day, which is not going to happen because c'mon, that's cheesy as hell)
If anyone thinks of more songs to add to our list, feel free to post your suggestions. We'll try to squeeze you into the guest list. :p

10 Comments:

At Tuesday, November 22, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

when ARE you going to get married?

 
At Tuesday, November 22, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nevermind, you're probably just going to ignore that.

 
At Tuesday, November 22, 2005, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

This is me, ignoring you. :p

 
At Wednesday, November 23, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

heyyy... i love the carpenters!!!

 
At Wednesday, November 23, 2005, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

Well I'm not stopping you from playing Carpenters songs at your wedding. :p But if you invite me you can bet your bouquet I'll be making gagging gestures wherever I'm seated. Hahaha.

 
At Wednesday, November 23, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'd be playing rob songs on my wedding.

pero di sa reception...or i'll end up gagging.

(wow, another rhyme! *pats self on the back*)

 
At Thursday, November 24, 2005, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

This is me, still ignoring you...

 
At Friday, November 25, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

King and Queen of Hearts and Got to Believe in Magic. They play it at every prom, soph night, ball, whatever formal event I've ever been to... and it makes me want to shoot the DJ every time. Pomeranz just takes the cake.

Wind Beneath My Wings... ech.

 
At Friday, November 25, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoops. I meant "they HAVE PLAYED it..."

I like your brother's idea of compiling a playlist. Hilarity. :) The sad thing is, the cheesiest songs are always the ones everyone knows the words to and can sing along to...

 
At Saturday, November 26, 2005, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

You guys used Wind Beneath My Wings to serenade me on Teachers Day. I still remember how you guys changed the lyrics to "Archers fly higher than the Eagles..." just to razz me. I bet that was Kassie's idea. :p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home