Saturday, February 25, 2006

Only child for a weekend

My sister's in Beijing, my brother's in Davao playing in a golf tournament, and so only I was left to watch Memoirs of a Geisha and American Idol with our folks last night (and I won P500 from my mom on a bet that Kevin Covais wouldn't get booted off the show, haha). It felt strange to walk around the Promenade with just my parents-- I looked like a third wheel more than anything. :p

Since I'm too lazy and too uninspired to write a formal review, I just have three comments on Memoirs: 1) Chinese actresses just do not look and sound Japanese. I'm Chinese, I know the difference. 2) Zhang Zi-who? Gong Li was the real star of the movie. Her Hatsumomo was sultry, vicious and emotionally decadent. Magnificent. 3) Overall, not a bad film adaptation of a book that I found overrated. Visually appealing and worth seeing on the big screen.

My fingers are sore and I think I'm getting Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (longest YM conference I've ever participated in *conspirational wink*). Have to stop typing now.

4 Comments:

At Sunday, February 26, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Hatsumomo's acting! She was such a bitch -- no wonder we both like the way she acted :D

 
At Monday, February 27, 2006, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

Hey, hey, hey-- you callin' me a bitch?? Such disrespect. Tsk tsk.

 
At Monday, February 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Takes one to know one right? :D I hold you in such high respect, I wouldn't dare disrespecting you by saying that you're such a sugary sweet person :D

 
At Tuesday, February 28, 2006, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

Ahaha, good one! Great (bitchy) minds do think alike. ;p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home