Sunday, March 05, 2006

Cavity (this time it's dental)

Yesterday I went to the dentist for a very, very overdue check-up, and I found out I have 2 cavities, and a filling that needs to be replaced. The drilling was effing painful (though I've been through worse), and every time I winced the dentist (who was sorta cute ;p) asked kindly if I wanted an anaesthetic. I kept on refusing because a) anaesthetics aren't good for my heart condition, and b) I pride myself on having a high threshold of pain (wasn't going to be a wuss in front of the cute dentist!). Besides, as I sat in the dentist's chair, a TV overhead was tuned in to the ABS-CBN show "Little Big Star", and listening to Sarah Geronimo was actually more excruciating than the drilling.

I'm due to get the second cavity filled this Friday. I can hear the drill already. Ouch. :(

3 Comments:

At Monday, March 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I once had to have 6 cavities filled at the same time :D It was one of the nastiest experiences I've ever had. I can't stand it when they drill and they get close to the root *shudder*

I remember when I had to get my wisdom tooth taken out last summer. I heard the tooth CRACK. It was horrible! I'd rather go to the doctor anyday over the dentist :D

 
At Tuesday, March 07, 2006, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

SIX fillings all at the same time?!? Who was your dentist, Darth Vader?? That's inhumane! When I asked my dentist if we could do all 3 teeth that day he looked at me like I was insane. I dread going back... although it really does help that he's gentle... and cute. ;p

 
At Thursday, March 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No wonder you had such a high threshold for pain. His baby browns took you away. Hahaha.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home