Thursday, April 20, 2006

Farewell falsetto, and good riddance!

At the risk of sounding like a bitter ex, I can't help but take a certain amount of contemptuous glee over Ace getting kicked off AI. Though my money was riding on Elliot this week, I didn't mind losing our weekly betting pool because the dorky Jewish dude has heaps more talent than the himbo heartthrob (never mind that he looks like Tumnus the faun from the Narnia movie :p). I was gratified that Yamin survived the cut, but I was also outraged that Chris and Paris were in the bottom 3. WTF?!? Paris put on the most faithfully jazzy number of the evening, and Chris... well, he's CHRIS! In the words of Daughtry's number one fan Fara: "Ano ba!!" Adding insult to injury is Pickler slipping through unscathed, when she gave the night's worst performance. On the bright side, Taylor is the only other finalist who has yet to land in the bottom 3. Entertainment Weekly has called him "the dark grey horse". I like that, and I'm really liking his chances. Soul Patrol! =D

Oh all right, since she's the only finalist I haven't mentioned-- I have to grudgingly admit, McPhee shone, but I just can't bring myself to like her. There's just something... blah about her. Or maybe it's because she's just too pretty. Either way, I won't be sorry to see her go. Heck, I'd rather keep the faun around for longer.

6 Comments:

At Thursday, April 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don't like kellie's voice.. and i feel the same way about katharine.. i can't bring myself to like her din. parang jessica sierra.

 
At Thursday, April 20, 2006, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

Well, to be fair, McPhee's better than Sierra (and better-looking). But something about her really bugs me. There's an artificialness about her. Maybe it's because her mom's a vocal coach and I get this nagging feeling that she's programmed and prepped her daughter to become the next American Idol. :p

 
At Friday, April 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can help you win your bets because I find out about the results ahead of time...but that would be cheating :D

I shall vote for Taylor for you next week hahahaha :)

 
At Friday, April 21, 2006, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

Yay! Thanks Mini-me! Anyone who votes for Taylor gets my love. Mwah!

P.S. I can't cheat even if I wanted to. We place our bets right after the performance show. :p

 
At Tuesday, May 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey mcFAN kaya ako. (baduy!)

-karen

 
At Wednesday, May 03, 2006, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

Yuck, you're almost as bad as the overly emotional McFather. :p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home