Friday, April 29, 2005

Beautiful Day

You may be wondering how it could be a beautiful day after my manic depression yesterday. Well, I woke up this morning to find a prettily gift-wrapped package outside my bedroom door... and it was in a ziploc bag. Even without the heart-shaped card identifying the sender, I knew it was from my dear OC friend Fara the Bag Lady.

When I opened the package (very carefully of course, knowing it was from someone who freaks out at the sight of halo-halo being mixed), to my sheer surprise and delight, it was a VCD of all of Constantine's performances, including the results show last night. And of course, true to Fara form, she had printed a cover and a CD sticker with Constantine on them, a detailed playlist, and a letter addressed to me, telling me she hopes her gift would cheer me up. Isn't she amazing?!? Could anyone ask for a more thoughtful, sweet, hopelessly OC friend? She stayed up late last night working on the CD, just so she could deliver it to my house the following morning. It was just the closure I needed, and it reminded me that there are more, far more important things in life than American Idol... such as wonderful friends like Fara. I love you Farapot! You're worth a thousand Constantines. :)



This song is dedicated to my Yellow Hat friend, who gave me such a beautiful day:

"...You're out of luck
And the reason that you had to care
The traffic is stuck
And you're not moving anywhere
You thought you'd found a friend

To take you out of this place
Someone you could lend a hand
In return for grace
It's a beautiful day

Sky falls, you feel like
It's a beautiful day
Don't let it get away..." -U2

3 Comments:

At Friday, April 29, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ang cute and thoughtful naman ni ms. uy!! awww i miss u and ms uy n ms cua!! when is ms. uy getting married? swerte tlga ni rafa =D

 
At Friday, April 29, 2005, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

Ms. Uy is getting married in September. :) She and Ms. Cua and I miss you too. You and your corniness. :p When you and Shox graduated, Ms. Cua became less corny, she didn't have a source of lame jokes anymore. Hmm, but maybe that's a good thing. Haha.

 
At Friday, April 29, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww... i'm touched ailee person, a blog entry dedicated to me... awww :) i'm glad you liked the vcd... anything to cheer up my dear friend ailee :)

hi kassie, i miss you guys too esp. your corny jokes! hehehe :P

gosh, how i miss being inside the classroom :( i'm sure ma-mi-miss mo rin yun ailee! hehehe :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home