Monday, July 14, 2008

We interrupt this blog silence for an important announcement

I'm getting married!





Made you look.

Actually I've been insanely busy since I got back from a business trip to Hong Kong last week that I'm only using time I can't afford to waste to scribble a few incoherent lines in this pathetically neglected blog of mine. In no sequential or logical order:

  • Our Sales Personnel Manager of 15 years, Ate Madic, was alighting from a bus last week when the f***ing driver accelerated, causing her to fall and hit her head. Then, as if that weren't enough, the f***ing driver saw what had happened, so the a**hole BACKED UP (ostensibly in the hopes of finishing her off, as most bus companies instruct their drivers to do) and RAN OVER HER LEG!! Luckily, the guy who got off the bus behind Ate Mads banged on the side of the bus and yelled for help. Someone called for the police and they apprehended the f***ing bus driver, and some compassionate standers-by rushed Ate Mads, bleeding and unconscious, to the nearest hospital. They also took out her cell phone and called some of her contacts to inform them of the accident. I'm grateful that despite the existence of some f***ing a**holes who don't think twice about running over small middle-aged women, there are some decent people to be found in this city.

  • Another employee of ours had her entire handbag stolen while we were conducting store visits in the Mall of Asia yesterday. The f***ing thief had the cajones to filch the purse from behind our store's cash counter, with several of us standing right in front of it. There are just too many f***ing unscrupulous people with no conscience walking the face of this planet. May they all contract incurable syphillis or chronic diarrhea.
  • For someone with no love life of her own, I spend way too much time worrying about other people's relationship problems. It's so emotionally exhausting being a good friend.
  • In happier news: Ateneo beat La Salle and UE (oh, and Adamson too). So far this season's shaping up to be a very promising one for our Eagles. OBF!
  • My former student and Openness baby Alexis Go is this season's courtside reporter for UE. Every time I manage to catch her on TV I feel butterflies in my stomach, from both anxiety and excitement, and that familiar and welcome feeling of parental pride that I always get when I see my students getting their chance to shine.
  • Another former student, Madel Ching has landed the role of Tracy Turnblad in Atlantis Productions' take on the musical Hairspray. I'm so, so proud, and can't wait to see her perform onstage when the show starts its run in November.
  • Mamma Mia! is funfunfun. And Pierce Brosnan, the first love of my life, is hothothot (ditto Colin Firth!).
  • The Dark Knight is showing this week! Can't wait to see Heath Ledger onscreen one last time.

Now I have to get back to work. The Espada people from Bangkok are in town and I don't want to risk getting sick again because I still have a jam-packed week ahead. And I'm not even planning a wedding.

4 Comments:

At Tuesday, July 15, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least there's still some shred of decency left in this country. But still, I can't imagine how people can act so unscrupulously towards others. What kind of people treat their fellow countrymen that way? It's sad.

I can't believe how desperate some people are becoming nowadays too~ :(

Hope you don't get sick Ms Lim, despite the freakishly odd weather.

P.S. You made me look! XD

 
At Tuesday, July 15, 2008, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

Stay healthy and stay safe too, Christa. :)

 
At Wednesday, July 16, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ms. Limmm :)

Re: The &%#*(@$&% driver

-- This reminds me of an incident before (I'm not sure abt the details). A truck driver accidentally ran over a student. The student was still alive but the driver decided to back up. Sigh. :( Good thing there were a lot of witnesses.

Re: For someone with no love life of her own, I spend way too much time worrying about other people's relationship problems. It's so emotionally exhausting being a good friend.

-- Whaa I can relate! O_O It's worse when you're handling more than two (emo) people at the same time!

Re: Dark Knight

-- I'm excited, too :) I really like Christian Bale and Heath Ledger. Are they still going to push through with The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus? I want to watch that, too :)

 
At Wednesday, July 16, 2008, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

Hi Kar! Doesn't it boggle the mind how some people seem to operate with no conscience whatsoever?? Sigh.

Take it easy dealing with your "emo" friends. I often have a hard time controlling my emotions when it comes to people I care about, but I have to keep reminding myself that I can't save everyone from getting hurt. Besides, sometimes getting hurt is the most effective lesson in life, and our friends need to learn things the hard way. Easier said than done though, I know.

Christian Bale + Heath Ledger = too much hotness and talent together on one screen. Haha. I love them both, but for sure Heath is going to steal the show. I get goosebumps just watching the trailer. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home