Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Beijing or bust

Unless PAL bumps us off the flight to Beijing this Thursday (in which case we'll seriously sue their asses), and barring any other untoward incidents, by this time next week, I can officially put a check mark beside item #5 on my bucket list: watch an Olympics opening ceremony and at least one event live. My only regret is that my sister won't be there to share in the experience, as she can't file for what would be her 3rd vacation leave in barely a year at her job. Bens is conveniently already in Beijing, so at least I'll have one sibling with me there, but it sucks that Hanks won't be around. In spite of that, I'm really excited, not only for the Olympics, but also to see Bens again, and to revisit the only other city I've ever lived in. I just hope the weather cooperates and it doesn't rain, nor be too oppressively hot. Either way I'm going to try to get as much as I can out of this possibly once-in-my-lifetime event.

Zaijian, bloghounds. I'm off to fulfill my Olympic dream.

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, August 06, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

很幸福!So lucky! I really wanted to see the Beijing Olympics~ I guess it'll remain in my dreams.

Ms. Lim, please take a lot of pictures! Haha.

Take Care, and hope you have fun!

 
At Wednesday, August 06, 2008, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

Thanks Christa! Will definitely take a lot of photos! =D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home