Saturday, April 16, 2005

Confessions of an O.C. Packer

I have started packing for our trip to Shanghai next week, and I am driving my mom and sister nuts with my fussiness. I admit I can go crazy when packing for a trip. A few days prior to departure, I actually make out a list of the outfits I will wear for each day of the trip. I have to know what we'll be doing or where we'll be going on each day, and I also get a weather forecast from my CNN Weather source (Hanks) so I can pick outfits that are appropriate and comfortable. Then I make sure the shoes and bag I'm bringing are color-coordinated with each other, and with all my outfits. I even pick out specific underwear and socks! Then I set about packing all the items in a systematic and space-saving method my mom taught me when I was still a kid: pants flat on the bottom, shoes and travel kits stuffed in the sides, shirts in the middle, jackets on top.

I would make even Fara proud.

8 Comments:

At Saturday, April 16, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol, we pack the exact same way. Glad to hear there's another OC person out there too :D

 
At Sunday, April 17, 2005, Blogger Unknown said...

hello ailee, i maintain that the best way to pack is to travel light. at least you'll have another excuse to shop :b nice to know you're ok. --joseph from beida

 
At Sunday, April 17, 2005, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

Hi Joseph!! Good to hear from you. :) Don't worry, I have lots of extra room in my suitcase, will try my best to fill it up. ;)

 
At Sunday, April 17, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

damn! You're like my mom! You're like her long lost sis or something! You even think alike... eew!

 
At Sunday, April 17, 2005, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

I'm not about to be your Auntie Ailee. I haven't even accepted being your "Achi Ailee." :p

 
At Monday, April 18, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yuck!!! OC!!! u remind me of Jack Nicholson's character in As Good as It gets!! Weirdo!! Then again, I wudnt be surprised...I remember before our Tagaytay outing...u wer asking me what wer we gonna do there...and if u needed to bring some special clothes...hahahaha!!! ur so funny Aileesa...Sigh...ull be missed!! :P

 
At Thursday, April 28, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha! we are the complete opposites! i pack my luggage only the night before departure!:D no matter how long the trip is!:D and i think the writing down what to wear everyday is a bit over the top...don't you think???

 
At Monday, June 20, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wish i could say the same for myself. i notice that i've become lousier and more tamad to pack properly when travelling especially ever since i've been travelling too frequently ever since our market market store
opened. sigh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home