Thursday, April 28, 2005

Idol chatter

Not that there was ever any doubt, but it was all too evident last night who the real rocker on American Idol is. Bo was in his element, but Constantine was not quite in the same league. Simon’s comment after Constantine’s performance was spot-on: he has, for better or worse, “crossed over,” and he might as well stick to the path he chose to go down, since the charming crooner routine has been working for him anyway. Heck, sure works on me.

Carrie is a pretty girl and a strong singer, but what she has in looks and talent she utterly lacks in personality and fashion sense.

If anything will save Anthony now (I hear Nicole praying ;p), it has to be his sappy pre-performance video. Seeing his proud parents all choked up and teary-eyed touched even my cold-hearted self. Sniffle.

I don’t know why, but Vonzell gets on my nerves. Too damn pa-cute.

Last season, Ryan Seacrest was irritating but kind of funny. This season, he's just irritating. And what was up with him sitting on the lap of some guy in the audience last night?? Gee, and I wonder why there are rumors he's gay.

Someone has to tell Paula the Parrot to stop repeating herself and stop stealing Simon's lines ("having said that..."). And stop getting dressed in the dark.

And of course, we can't have an AI analysis without my favorite topic...


If Scott still doesn't get kicked off, I'm going to have a conniption. Listening to him croak "Dance with My Father Again" (by itself the song is enough to make me gag) was almost physically painful. America must be a nation of sado-masochists to have kept him on the show this long. I seriously hope we're put out of our misery tonight.

8 Comments:

At Thursday, April 28, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hate scott too! did you see one of those banners in the audience this little old lady was holding up? yung "SENIORS FOR SCOTT" eww ang gross! i'm an anwar fan.. his best performance was yung "what a wonderful world" niya grabeee!! hayyy nakaka-depress tlaga that he was voted off. ay! i have a question pala! when and where do you put the punctuation marks when your sentence ends with ""? for example, is it: Have you watched "Shrek"? or Have you watched "Shrek?"

 
At Thursday, April 28, 2005, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

Punctuation is always tricky, and no one is ever 100% sure of the rules (that's why I want to get the book "Eat, Shoots and Leaves" which deals with the quirks of punctuation, but I have yet to find a copy).

For quotation marks, I put the period inside if it's a spoken line (Kassie said, "I am an Anwar fan.") but outside if it's a title (Do you watch "American Idol"?). However, I cannot guarantee this is absolutely correct. :)

 
At Thursday, April 28, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

who stole my name?!?!?! anyway, if u guys saw this weeks elimination (dont exactly know when it airs) most especially you ms. lim? um...i advice you dont...i can imagine the bitch in you coming out and thrashing everything in sight...hihi

 
At Thursday, April 28, 2005, Blogger donkey said...

scott should definitely be booted out. but i wouldn't be surprised if constantine gets booted this round. scott probably has a lot of weird people backing him up. haha just kidding :P i hope bo wins!

 
At Thursday, April 28, 2005, Blogger Ange said...

What Carrie lacks in looks and talent, she makes up for in being charismatic. Haha. I can hardly understand the lyrics!

The pre-performance video of Anthony was okay, but I was more moved by his performance. I love the way he felt the song and how, in the process, he made the audience feel it, too. There was something magical about it. That was his best performance, and I think he just keeps on improving everyday. I hope he isn't disappointing next week so I'll continue to like him unlike Constantine, who, after Bohemian Rhapsody, couldn't give the viewers a great performance.

I think Vonzell's around 21 or something..She is the baby of their family so I guess that's the way she really is, pa-cute. She didn't sing well last night. She shouldn't ahve chosen to sing Chritina Aguilera's song. It's just not sing-able. Christina has this habit of switching from a high note to a lower one, without any notes in between for adjustments, which is why choosing to sing her song for AI is purely suicidal.

Paula has neurological disorder so it can't be helped if she repeats what Randy says or what she says or seems to keep on praising the contestants whether or not their performance was good. So you can't blame her for being too sugary sweet to the point of looking like a suck-up.

And, as I said before, I hope Scott is in the final three. I would definitely love to see how people who greatly dislike him for whatever reasons would react. Sweet. :)

 
At Thursday, April 28, 2005, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

Haha, I can't figure out which Kassie I'm talking to. Kassie Chua posted first right? Then Kassie Lim?

Leah, you must be psychic! :(

I loved how Paula broke down (because at least someone else aside from me was overreacting) and that Simon stood up (he only does that for AI winners).

Marize, read my latest post! :)

 
At Thursday, April 28, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes i was the first kassie who posted.. chua chua chua! sorry for the confusion! hehe!

 
At Friday, April 29, 2005, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

Next to Bo, Anthony is the one I want to win. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home