Sunday, April 17, 2005

TNG and LOTR

Tangsoc found a complete DVD set of all seven seasons of Star Trek: The Next Generation at Metrowalk, the new pirates' paradise. She was going to get her dad one, so I asked her to buy a set for me too. It set me back by P3,300, but my siblings and I are such TNG fans it was a small price to pay for 48 discs of our favorite Enterprise crew. Last night we watched the first disc, finishing at around 2AM. Well, almost finished. The last chapter of episode 3 was missing, hmph. So if any Trekkers out there know the ending of "Code of Honor," please tell me!

Since my sister and I will be going to Shanghai next week, my brother has 4 whole days to watch some more episodes, so Hanks and I will have some catching up to do when we get back. We plan to finish the entire series this summer, but I don't know if we'll manage. We definitely need to finish before we get the DVD set of the LOTR trilogy (we're getting the original this time, no cost spared for LOTR!). We intend to make a whole day out of it, schedule it on a day our parents are out of town (so there will be no interruptions) and see the three movies straight, sustained by Yellow Cab pizza, KFC chicken, and Fruits in Ice Cream. Whee.

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, April 19, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Has the LOTR DVD extended edition set come out yet? If it has, I don't think they're doing a v. good job advertising. :( I can't wait to watch it. Sigh.

Also, I'm stalking your blog. I thought you'd like to know. :)

 
At Saturday, April 23, 2005, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

Sadly, I think it has yet to be released. On the bright side, we have seven seasons of TNG to tide us over.

P.S. Thanks for letting me know. At least you're a considerate stalker.

 
At Thursday, April 28, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think you guys would like to know that some of them are out. i've watched the "Two Towers" extended version before. it lasted at least four hours. although it was very evtertaining, it also caused a pain in the tush!:D so if u guys are watching it straight, im advicing you to sit on those water chair things or a salbabida type thing so your bum wont go numb...i rhyme...:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home