Monday, June 06, 2005

First day blues

AP-Annex said it was weird not having me around on the first day of school. I felt a bit sad not being there too, but it wasn't as bad as I thought I would be feeling. For one thing, I was kept preoccupied at the office-- Mondays are always manic, and I had no time to sit around moping. For another, I am actually enjoying my work more and more, even the manic moments. Besides, I still feel as if I'm right there in the faculty room because my faithful eyes and ears keep me updated through text, calls, and YM messages (you know who you are, hehe). My students also text and YM me constantly so I know a lot about what's going on from their point of view (no texting during class hours though, or I'll be obliged to report you to Ms.Tan ;p). I still wish that I was there to personally experience everything and be right there for my students, but at the same time I love the luxury of being "in" on everything while not being pressured to prepare and perform as a teacher anymore. You win some, you lose some.

Have a great school year AP-Annex, and have a great senior year, Fyrinx! Keep me posted. ;)

4 Comments:

At Tuesday, June 07, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm delighted not to be in ICA. You should be too. (Er... well, maybe it doesn't work the same way. Hehe.)

It's only too bad I'm not around to see the architectural improvements. According to my little sister, there's a barnad new ramp for Grade 1 and 2 students leading up to the bridge between the old and new grade school buildings. And some kind of roof over Gate 2.

Anyway, I was wondering... what do you think of varsity teams in Ateneo? Is joining recommended? Or is it a waste of time and effort?

 
At Wednesday, June 08, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Texting in class...tsk tsk tsk. hehehehehe :D Owww.... Yeah, you're right. You win some, you lose some! I'm glad you're having fun at work now. Tc! Missing ICA too! I'm sure Fyrinx is doing great there! They'll make waves! :)

 
At Wednesday, June 08, 2005, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

Any particular sport in mind? Most of our varsity teams complain they don't receive the same kind of support from alumni that the men's basketball team does. I agree it's unfair but come on, let's be realistic, in this country basketball will always be the glamour sport. Besides, the whining is helluva annoying; they could probably find sponsors if they just quit griping and concentrate on finding the right connections. That, and they might win more often if they would save their breath and stop bitching about basketball and focus on playing.

Aside from that I haven't really heard anything negative about joining any of the varsity teams. Ms. Cua was on the football team and she loved it.

 
At Wednesday, June 08, 2005, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

Jac: They're very careful not to text me during class hours because they know I might report them to Ms.Tan. Haha.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home