Sunday, June 05, 2005

This is how you remind me...

Friday night I had dinner with 12 of my Wisdom students, and I was reminded of the following:

1. how much noise a dozen Wisdom students can create - It should be a law of physics or something, that when two or more Wisdom people get within 6 feet of each other, the decibel level breaks the sound barrier. I'm relieved we got a table outside Bizu, where we could raise a ruckus without scandalizing the other patrons peacefully eating their desserts. But make no mistake, I speak of this with the kind of wry fondness only Wisdom teachers can understand, for Wisdom's infamous talent for producing pandemonium is only a sign of the terrific friendships and fantastic collective camaraderie in the class. I'm very proud of this strong bond, and it's always nice to see them together (and even hear them, within limits).

2. how much fun it is to be a teenager - When my mom found out I was going out with my students again, she laughed at how my friends are becoming younger and younger. I told her they're not that much younger. Only 7 years separate us in age (get that, Tiff? only 7, or in your case, 6 :p), although admittedly I was still clearly the "adult" in the group. I still marvel over how students can make a teacher feel young and old at the same time. It's awfully tempting to just kick back and let loose completely, but I still can't help but feel responsible for them. I call it my teacher hangover. Maybe I'll snap out of it soon.

3. how much love I have for these kids - They know it, and I hope they never forget it. Though they will officially be graduating Sobriety, they'll always be Wisdom to me.

6 Comments:

At Sunday, June 05, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey. :)

I enjoyed the whole night with Wisdom as well. Kulit ni tiff e. Still can't get over her blooper with Jerms. Not knowing how to work a manual revolving door. ^__^;;

Makulit ba kami Mommy? T_T sowi.. ^__^ Ok maybe not all that sorry. Hehe. It was just nice to see each other after a long summer. I sort of feel sorry for their teachers next year. The harassed looks the Teboi staff had was sort of a foreboding already. Sayang la ako dun for the ritualistic sermons from teachers. Dang. Thanks again for the book and the puch cher… er.. mom. ^_^

-jt-

 
At Sunday, June 05, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hei cherrrrr!!!!

Twas nice to spend my friday night with some of the Wisdom peeps and with you. And yes they should make a law regarding out noise for physics but they should do that when we get out of ICA so we wont have to study it (hehe). well tomorrow is the official start of school year 2005-2006 and being part of class Sobriety 06 (yes, i will stand for the name of my section! haha! Sobriety it is!). I will never forget how much concern and love you have for Wisdom 05 and thank you for that cher x) 'til the next Wisdom dinner

 
At Sunday, June 05, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

heeeyyyy ms lim!!! oooppppsss mali inay pla! hahaha jwk lng!grabe! start na school tom! sad!so glad na pinayagan me ng dad ko 2 go nung fri!! it was fun!!! sana may dnr ulit! n sana more ppl makakapunta! nw we really need 2 get a tbl outside!:D haha!!

oh ya! sabi ng frnds ng achie k pangit daw ung sin city! haha!!! yaw na nya manuod! so nd k na din papanuorn! haha!!
-sab(=^.^=)-
ps. thanks!!!

 
At Sunday, June 05, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

we weren't really that noisy, were we? haha but yeah, i guess after not seeing each other for 2 months or so, we were just a little excited to catch up on whatever.

aww thanks cher. and we'll always be wisdom to me too. (i still can't get over the fact that i'll be in 4-sobriety tomorrow. who came up with that anyway?) till our next wisdom dinner :)

 
At Wednesday, June 08, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whahahahaha :D Miss Lim, you've got adopted kids na! HAhahahahahahaha :D Test the waters first before getting married! Hahahahaha :D I remembered your other entry about your dad setting you up or something like that. Haha :D

 
At Wednesday, June 08, 2005, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

With students like these, who needs (or wants) kids? Hahaha. Juuust kiddiiinggg Wisdom/Sobriety. You know I adore you. But quit calling me mom. And "inay." Shudder.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home