Tuesday, May 31, 2005

The one and only

Openness holds a special place in my heart. They were the only second year class I taught, a teaching assignment I was reluctant to accept at first because I wanted to concentrate on my fourth year classes. It was a good thing I had no choice because they turned out to be the sweetest, most loveable bunch. It was almost a crime when they were reshuffled, but like the real troupers they are, they adapted to their new sections and brought the best of Openness with them. I will never forget the surprise(s) they organized for my birthday this year; it was the best thing anyone's ever done for me, and I was so moved by it all that I got sick the following day from staying up all night crying over the scrapbook of letters they gave me.

I had dinner with them tonight and almost half the class made it (thanks to Rachel with her amazing organizing powers, although we did wait for ages to get a table :p). It was terrific just being with them, drawing from their collective energy, that I felt content to just sit back and bask in the pride of having been their teacher, and the pleasure of being their friend. They will forever be the first, the finest, and the final Openness, and I love them all.

[I did not have a camera with me tonight, so whoever has a group pic (paging the photo editor!) please send it to me so I can post it here. Thanks!]

4 Comments:

At Wednesday, June 01, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was never aware you were reluctant to teach us. Ouch. ö

Oh and about the table, that would be my fault I know. I got reminded over and over again to 'next time, make sure to make reservations especially since you're a big group' lol But at least we had nachos to munch on while waiting! We had what, like 7 rounds of those? And guess what, in the end it WASN'T even on the bill.

I'm glad a lot of us went last night! Next time we go out, I promise at least 30 people to be there :p

"[I did not have a camera with me tonight, so whoever has a group pic (paging the photo editor!) please send it to me so I can post it here. Thanks!]" - Is this for me?! I don't have a group pic because I'm not in it! Haha but yeah, you can steal pics off my Multiply :)

 
At Wednesday, June 01, 2005, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

"I was never aware you were reluctant to teach us. Ouch. ö"

-Hey, I changed my mind, didn't I? :p Remember that first week when I kept asking questions and no one was answering? I was so frustrated. But then you guys started opening up (pun not intended) and from that point on I couldn't get you to shut up. Haha.

30 next time? I can't imagine how many baskets of nachos you're going to polish off with 10 more people around. Tsk, tsk, polyphagia. ;p

 
At Saturday, June 04, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn! I missed this! This is what i hate about going to europe! i Miss a lot!
I miss u too teacher! haha! I do hope u like the little gift that i brought for you. And i hope you like the cutie too! haha! He's about ur age. :D

 
At Sunday, June 05, 2005, Blogger Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

I hope he's Greek. Or British. My Constantine fixation is gradually fading and I'm now setting my sights on Clive Owen (no matter what Karen says, hah!).

I'll see you Tuesday kiddo. Missed you too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home