Friday, May 27, 2005

Giving credit where credit is due

The 4th season of American Idol is over, and country has prevailed over rock. After watching the final performances given by Carrie and Bo Wednesday, I had a sinking feeling all members of the Bice Squad would be sorely disappointed come Thursday, for their rocker had failed to blow the competition away. I have never liked Carrie, but I have to admit, that last performance night she was the least wooden/robotic I had seen her, and sadly, she really did outshine Bo. She also did a good job on her duets with Bo and Rascal Flatts yesterday, so I wasn't extremely upset that she ended up winning.

Kudos also to the following people, who made the last show of the season fun to watch despite the outcome:
  • Bo, for giving "Sweet Home Alabama" new attitude and appeal. And for being such a gracious runner-up.
  • Anwar and Anthony, for their soaring (pun not intended) rendition of the tired "I Believe I Can Fly" with one of my own idols, Kenny G.
  • Mikalah and Lindsey, for putting on a beyond-expectations good number with Babyface.
  • Vonzell, for her solid vocals both in the group performance and her duet with Billy Preston.
  • Constantine, Jessica and Nadia, for rocking the house.
  • Constantine, for his ridiculous but hilarious cameo in the Simon Cowell "expose" video.
  • Constantine, for looking so damn fine.
  • the judges and producers, for being good sports and showing their sense of humor through the spoof video.
  • the producers, for putting Matt Rogers on the show (Matt and Constantine in one episode, talk about making me a very happy girl).
  • and of course, Matt Rogers, for doing such a great job reporting from Oklahoma that Simon actually suggested he replace Ryan Seacrest. And for being such an adorable big lug.

Congratulations and thanks to everyone for a thoroughly entertaining, exasperating, engaging season of American Idol. Until A.I. 5, Ailee... out!

1 Comments:

At Friday, May 27, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

tell me this: what's with anwar's hair during the first hour of the show? looked like an afro seriously gone wrong. :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home